Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was one of the lucky ones who got on the bandwagon when rjs offered us the opportunity to get some of these smokes. They've been resting in the humi for 2 or 3 weeks and I had one after dinner last night.

Construction: perfect. Smooth, shiny, natural wrapper, no visible veins, no noticable flaws of any kind.

Burn: smooth and even. The cigar clipped cleanly, lit easily, and burned evenly the whole way.

Taste: wow. I have read descriptions of cigars where the reviewer used the word creamy, mostly in the Habanos forum. Well, I think I've finally experienced a creamy cigar. Each puff produced a huge mouthful of thick smoke. After exhaling, I was left with a silky, smooth feeling on my tongue, all over my mouth really, that I have to say was creamy.

I did not detect any notes of cedar, spice, or leather. Maybe the smallest hint of walnuts. Mostly just pure tobacco flavor. In general, I enjoy the sweetness associated with a maduro wrapper, but I very much enjoyed this natural-wrapped stogie.

The Graycliff is a little on the short side for a corona, but this smoke lasted at least 50 minutes. I think I was savoring the creaminess between puffs, and may have smoked it a bit slower than usual.

All in all, a great smoke. Thanks very much for the chance, Rob.

·
Registered
417 Posts
drc,

Thanks for the review and the kind words. The main thing is that the cigar does all the talking. Glad you liked the smoke.

You are right that the cigar is a little short for a corona. Actually, Graycliff calls them "cremas". I wasn't sure if anyone would recognize the name cremas, so I called them coronas to make it easy for everyone.

I asked Enrico for a few more bundles if you are interested.

... rjs

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
just smoked the first one today...i think drc said it quite well...only thing i would add to the review is(somewere)the word "rich" should be included.delicious smoke and like rob said..."The main thing is that the cigar does all the talking."

so glad i got some while available...waited this long because mine were 3 weeks in transit and needed the rehumidification time.

thanks rob
derrek:)

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Just smoked the Graycliff Especiale (red band) I inhereited from the 2003 Summer Box Pass. 6 by 38, has the same profile as described in drc's review, a wonderful smoke, now I know what all the hub bub is about, it lasted about 60 minutes though. Plus a little plume here and there, I think it was kinda old! If anybody goes on that trip again, LMK! I'm down for a group purchase. rns

·
Registered
331 Posts
I,too,was a lucky recipient of a bundle of these.Every one has been marvelous!A great cigar that we got,thanks to rjs,at a great price!!Would do it again...except I'd get two or three bundles!!;)

G

·
Great cigar and a great company! I wish I could get them around here at a decent price! But for a cigar that is very tasty and complex this is the one!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts