Cigar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trip down the slippery slope started without me realizing that my fall began the moment I place fire to my first Cuban. It all started at last years company Christmas party at a local restaurant. Me and all my employees and vendors gather to break a little bread and enjoy some adult beverages and to fellowship before our Christmas break. Naturally my guys bought me few descent smokes and a small desk top humidor. This was really nice to be gifted smokes from the fella’s… the owner at the local cigar shop wouldn’t let them buy me any Philly Blunts… So everything is going great. Little did I know that one of my favorite salesmen was actually a secret agent sent personally by Fidel knowing that I had a credit card with a nice unused balance imposing as my buddy, Joe the brick salesman. He said to me the words i'll never foget "Hey man I didn’t know you like a cigar… got something I my car you might like… be right back"… when came back in with a really nice looking cigar… he said it’s Cuban… I said I'll light this puppy right after we eat… I didn’t realize at that very moment I was hanging on to a very small branch over this deep ravine… I know you all have seen this in the movies…. Right after our meal we settled down and placed some fire to “The Cuban”… I was mesmerized at the first puff…. It was nothing like I had ever tasted before….. I guess you can imagine what the next words out of my mouth were… That’s right… Hey Joe can you get me some more of these?? Well the branch I was hanging from broke and down I went…. My buddies source was out of town for the holiday’s and all those other gifted cigar were just not what I wanted to smoke… the search was on…All known information is now double click away…. I searched and found a source that would ship to my office… no need to get questions from home…. Looking at the list of Montecristos.. That was the brand of the fatal cigar my buddy gave me…. I was trying to decide exactly what it was that I smoked…. I really didn’t pay close attention to ring size and lenth…. I thought man it must have been the best thing they make….. You got it right I ordered a box of Monty “A”s …. I was taken back when the came… this isn’t what Joe gave me… but they were gorgeous…. But not the right ones… there was only one thing to do… Your right again…. I must get this right, I then ordered a box of Monty #1’s… These were the smokes I was looking for, but the noose had been securely tighten around my neck….. I though there is still room in the humidor for more smokes…. This time a box of #2 Especials…. Next I was looking at some Siglo V’s… but no room in the humidor… right again…. Humidor sale at the local cigar shop…. After several other purchases I started looking and smokes that were being shipped, I had no room for….. Lucky me I caught the cigar shop owner during slow season with very large humidor that he couldn’t sell…Right again… I was so large I had to order more smokes to keep the humidity up to correct levels…The best part of the story my CC still has some unused balance…. No end in sight… The slippery slope can be deep and wide…

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Your journey has just begun young Luke!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yes my friend, you are well on your way down the slippery slope. The dust you see ahead of you is from the rest of us!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts