Cigar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave two of these a try before posting my review. I have heard quite a bit about the Gran Habano #5's and I was finally able to give them a try. I was not able to locate them at any of my local shops, but I picked up a 5-pack on Cigarbid. I tried the first on this past weekend and was very pleased. I lit up a second one last night and the following are my percections:

As I picked it up out of my humidor, the cigar seemed a little stiff. Not to the point of cracking or anything, but there was no give to it at all. My first thought was that the draw was going to be kind of tight. I applied the palio and on the pre-lit draw I was pleasantly surprised that it was indeed not tight and the flavor was excellent. I toasted the end and lit it up. The first 1/4 was very spicy/peppery, not in a harsh way, but in a very distinct way. After the first quarter, the cigar really mellowed out and became a powerhouse of a smoke. Between draws I would just look at this cigar and think, WOW! this is a great smoke. I found myself just looking at and admiring the construction and taste the was being presented to me. All of this in a cigar that is less and $4. The final quarter built up a complex end that left me very pleased and looking forward to the next time I light up one of these.

I would definately recommend these to anyone that likes a fuller bodied smoke. I hope this review is of some help as this is the first one I have attempted to write on this forum. I have received a lot of great cigar suggestions from other reviews and I wanted to give something back.

·
Definitely not a puff fan
1,804 Posts
Re: Gran Habano Corojo #5 Gran Robusto

nice review, tried to give you ring for it but I just get the "spread the love" message.

these guys have been on my must-try list for awhile. going to have to get off my arse and get some! Thanks for the review

·
Registered
978 Posts

Definately agree with your findings. I love this cigar.

I have also smoked the Habano #3 and can recommend it as well.

______
rm

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts

I have a 5 pack coming from c-bid & am looking forward to it. Thanx for the review!

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts

I had 2 of the number 5's in my humidor but yesterday I sent one of them away to MMM for winning the first Cigar Snobs lottery.

After reading this review I think the other one just got a death sentence to be carried out via fire. The execution is scheduled for 1:00 this afternoon. :w

-Matt-

·
Registered
369 Posts

Got a couple of the 4.5x50 robustos. I keep hearing so much good about them. I'm looking forward to trying them! BTW, nice review.

-E

·
Duke of prunes
537 Posts

I'm giving them a little nap before I pass judgement!! :r

·
Punch Suckling in Brain
1,116 Posts

Even though a Gator did the review I agree with him 100%.
If you are not a fan of a stronger, full bodied smoke then give it a pass. If you are I don't think you can beat it. For $70 or less depending on your size preference this is also a great value.

·
Registered
20 Posts

I just got a 5-pack sampler in the mail last week. I can't wait to try one. Would you all recommend letting them marinate for a while in the humi before I light one up?

·
Registered
904 Posts

Thanks, Great Review!

Just received a five pack from Smokeall today and can't wait to try them.

·
Registered
16 Posts

I must admit i was a bit skeptical when i was handed this cigar today. The sales rep explained to me what a great cigar he represented and how perfect a fit it would be for the shop. Then again i'm always skeptical when talking to a company guy. Would they ever really tell me that there cigar was a piece of crap and then ask for an order. Of course not. The presentation was nice but i to noticed the very firm feel of the cigar and expected to have a lung collapse during the first 1/4 inch. I was wrong. The cigar had an extremely easy draw. I am a fan of heavier cigars and this defineately fit the bill. I would agree with the initial review 100%. It is one of the better values they i have come across and i was really impressed. Needless to say we are now carrying the full line of Gran Habano cigars.

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts

BBMF said:
It is one of the better values they i have come across and i was really impressed. Needless to say we are now carrying the full line of Gran Habano cigars.
I like them so much I handed 2 of the No. 5 Rothschilds and a couple of others to the owner of my local shop last week. He wanted to pay me, I told him to fergetaboutit. I hope they start carrying them, they are a great value in the medium-full cigar and a heck of a lot more interesting IMHO than the JdN Antanos, which I like less and less after smoking more GH5s. I paid $2.23 delivered price for the Rothschilds .. smokes as good as anything I have tried under 8 bucks. In fact, I'm going to smoke one now...hehe... :w

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.