Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hardly qualified to give a review, but this seemed the best place to related my experience.

Last friday I came home late in the night but felt restless so I decided to smoke a cigar (I had purchased gran habano #3 and #5 earlier in the day). I grabbed the first one i could get out and sat out on the backporch...quite a nice evening.

The first difference I noticed was this cigar seemed heftier than others; more dense. After lighting up and takin a few puffs I fell in love with the taste: smooth and nutty. I sat there, steadily puffing for quite a while and it continued to interest me....really enjoyed it.

Going to smoke the #5 either tommorrow or friday...looking forward to it.

Can anyone suggest similar smokes to these? I bought them due to their high ranking on top 25 list but they are not available at the local smoke shop, had to go up the road.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Re: Gran Habano #3

Nice review. I had a few of these reciently. They are a great smoke. I think you will like the GH5 they seem in my opinion, to taste and burn a little better.

·
Banned
8,745 Posts

Nice. You will find the # 5 much more forceful than the # 3. I like the # 3's better young than the # 5's. After 6 months the # 5's change into a great full bodied cigar.

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts

Da Klugs said:
Nice. You will find the # 5 much more forceful than the # 3. I like the # 3's better young than the # 5's. After 6 months the # 5's change into a great full bodied cigar.
Thanks Dave, I have a #5's fiver of different sizes in the humidor,and gonna buy a box while at Uncle Mikeys next saturday at the VA herf..

·
Registered
734 Posts

I am a big fan of the #5's but I haven't tried the #3. I have one in the humi now thanks to Da Klugs. Look forward to lighting that one up.

Nice review, thanks.

·
Registered
691 Posts

I have smoked a couple of the #3's and have to say that I really like these sticks. I have only had one of the #5's and had a burn problem so I will have to try it again.

Since you liked the #3 I would also recommend the ERDM Oscuro (One of my new top Ten!)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

After all the responses generated here about this stick I just had to try it. I had my first #3 saturday and it was a hell of a stick! I did have to corrected a few times but it didn't bother me at all. I'm looking forward now to the #5. Thanks Club Stogie!!!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts

Just tried my first one of these and I can't believe you can pick these up for about $60 a box! Very thick and heavy cigar with that wonderful Honduran flavor I love. I will definitely be picking up more of these. Curious as to what wrapper everyone prefers on these?

·
Registered
184 Posts

I love the #5's.I just tried my first #3 that was gifted to me from DaKlugs.Loved it!.I like the #5 a little better.I have been trying so many brands of smokes since I really got into cigars in March.I'm slowly putting together a list of my favorates and these Gran Habanos have made the list.

·
Registered
978 Posts

DonJefe said:
Just tried my first one of these and I can't believe you can pick these up for about $60 a box! Very thick and heavy cigar with that wonderful Honduran flavor I love. I will definitely be picking up more of these. Curious as to what wrapper everyone prefers on these?
I like both the #5 and the #3 -- different occasions. As Klugs said earlier the #5 are a strong full bodied cigar. The #3's are smoother yet still full bodied -- i prefer them earlier in the day.

Buy both :D

_____
rm

·
Registered
4,118 Posts

Roger Miller" said:
Buy both :D

_____
rm
Good advice sir!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.