Cigar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i`ve read so many cigar reviews ,especially about the cigars that i prefer and i can`t help but wonder if a bad review is the result of smoking a cigar right from the box with no humi time.........i think that as part of every review there should be a statement as to the "newness" of the stick.........i`ve read some scathing reviews of some wonderful (i think) smokes and i know these cigars just needed a short time in the humi.............what a difference a day makes

·
Registered
42 Posts
while nap time definitely improves most if not all cigars, personal taste is still a subjective thing and what is good to you may not be to someone else. just my $.02

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
It's all a matter of personal taste if you ask me. You would be surprised at how many emails I get berating individual reviews in the Review Database at T25C because some guy does not agree with another's opinion. It's almost like they can't believe someone would have different preferences from themselves! A bit arrogant if you ask me...or maybe not arrogant, just not accepting.

Personally I have had a two year old Monte #2 that tasted as good as a 1951 Monte #2 I once smoked. There are so many variables, including time, in the maturation or readiness of a cigar that it is tough to pin it on one aspect.

All that being said, age does help many of the Cubans I have had.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It's been my experiance that they all improve with age , some more than others. I have some Part.ser D #3s that are sitting and they are improving with every month.Some others the difference is subtle for sure.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had a Partagas D4 yesterday and I was a bit underwhelmed. I think my other D4 is going to be sleeping for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts