Cigar Forums banner

got to meet a member

Tags
meet member
850 views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Lamar 
#1 ·
as a newby to this board i consider myself very lucky to have met and smoked a cigar with edison bird today. a true brother of the leaf, as i am new to cuban cigars he has under taken to convert me. we met for lunch and then went back to his place where he gifted me with the most amazing selection of smokes i have ever seen. very generous and most gracious host. a real learning experiance i hope to be able to continue my education with the help of some other members of this board. i will continue to mostly lurk and learn thank you for letting me post. SHERPA :D :D :D

#6 ·
Had the pleasure of meeting sherpa yesterday, gave him a little starter pack of isoms to get him good and hooked. Yes I showed him the 1492,s just got them in on Monday, they are beautiful. I do not have a lot of patience so I already tried one of them, simply fantastic. If they are this good now I can't wait to see what a little time in the wine cooler will do for them!! I urge all of you to sell your wife's engagement ring and get a cabinet or two. :w

#8 ·
Robmcd, I think we are talking about two different things, I have individual cabs or boxes of the SigloI through Siglo VI, not the 1492 cabinet that goes for 5000. I also have the Reserva Selection Cab of 30 cigars, what I don't have is the New Cohiba X Anniversary Linea 1492 Humidor of 90 Cigars that sells for 3500. Too rich for my blood, geeze, just the Reserva Selection Cab is about as much as I can afford. I must say that I really enjoy them all though, I think the Siglo VI is one of the best cigars that I have been privilaged to smoke, I like them better than the RS stogies.:D

#9 ·
edisonbird said:
Robmcd, I think we are talking about two different things, I have individual cabs or boxes of the SigloI through Siglo VI, not the 1492 cabinet that goes for 5000. I also have the Reserva Selection Cab of 30 cigars, what I don't have is the New Cohiba X Anniversary Linea 1492 Humidor of 90 Cigars that sells for 3500. Too rich for my blood, geeze, just the Reserva Selection Cab is about as much as I can afford. I must say that I really enjoy them all though, I think the Siglo VI is one of the best cigars that I have been privilaged to smoke, I like them better than the RS stogies.:D
that's ok rick... i'll still come over and smoke your cigars.
in fact, i think an annual winter herf in ft. myers is in order. :cool:

#13 ·
Damn! My wife had her engagment ring soldered to her wedding ring! I would have to purchase a " hot air gun" 2 spd, 1500-2000 watt, which is capable of achieving temps of 550 to 1200 degrees, ( Yes I'd remove from it from her finger first! Whaddya think I have no morals! I wouldn't wake her up though.) Then DaveCs' wife is a gemologist, huh, Does anyone have a link to these 1492s' so I can have a look see? Thanks. rns:w :D

#14 ·
relaxnsmoke said:
Damn! My wife had her engagment ring soldered to her wedding ring! I would have to purchase a " hot air gun" 2 spd, 1500-2000 watt, which is capable of achieving temps of 550 to 1200 degrees, ( Yes I'd remove from it from her finger first! Whaddya think I have no morals! I wouldn't wake her up though.) Then DaveCs' wife is a gemologist, huh, Does anyone have a link to these 1492s' so I can have a look see? Thanks. rns:w :D
http://www.christies.com/departments/overview.asp?DID=17

#18 ·
Whoa on the 1492's...Poker, what is the chance of you donating one to the Football Pool? We can confirm this if I ever win a week!

Ditto on the warm remarks regarding Rick...he is truly one of the great ones around here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.