Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I believe your progression up the jungle ladder is determined by your number of postings....eg: the more active you are in contributing to the forum, the more advanced your state of gorillaness advances.

Of course I have noticed there is no penalty or guage for punishing nonsense postings! heh-heh! :D

Anyway, I am diligently trying to post and contribute in the hopes of achieving higher LLG status and the much coveted "free box of ISOMs" once you hit the 2000 posting mark! (a rumor I heard!)

Not sure what the cut-off is to move from one stage to the next, but would be interested to know....I'm sure there is a Great Gorilla in the Sky who controls all of our destinies on this forum....

:w

·
Registered
291 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much. On this board I think there is more value placed on realevent, helpful post as opposed to the biggest number of posts. There are people who have been members for years with less than 200 post who are considered tom be very valubale members. So I would just sit back, post what you know or when you have a question and have fun;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
:D I agree 100%...this is for fun and quality is better than quantity. I was also kidding about the free ISOMs after hitting 2000 posts....although you would think that kind of forum involvement would warrant some recognition!

Keep smiling! :w

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
kscotty said:

Of course I have noticed there is no penalty or guage for punishing nonsense postings! heh-heh! :D

kscotty, Treyjo43, Sure you move up in stature amongst the primates on this site, but what will you tell the chicks when your not a "Young Ape" anymore? ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hmmm.....I hadn't thought of that! Besides, I'm too busy trying to figure out what a "puffy" is....just after I thought I was getting the hang of the nomenclature on this forum!

Off to the www to research the term "puffy" in the context of "jungle gorilla lowland ape".....

Oh how I wish it were not freezing out and I could be outside puffing away on one of my own...HEY, wait a minute..."puffing"....aha! You don't have to hit this displaced Cancuck with a sack of hammers for me to figure things out.....

Now I can get back to work......:r

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Re: Re: Gorilla??

SilvrBck said:
You smoke cigars in the jungle instead of in "Madagascar Vanilla/Smacking of Iodine Land." You talk to other cigar smokers instead of down to them.
SB
I like that description!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
kscotty said:

Not sure what the cut-off is to move from one stage to the next, but would be interested to know....I'm sure there is a Great Gorilla in the Sky who controls all of our destinies on this forum....

Here are the levels Gentlemen! Of course these can always be changed with some creative suggestions!

Newbie (Minimum Posts: 0)
Chimp (Minimum Posts: 10)
Young Ape (Minimum Posts: 25)
Maturing Primate (Minimum Posts: 100)
ChestBeater (Minimum Posts: 150)
Gorilla (Minimum Posts: 250) [edit]
Alpha Male (Minimum Posts: 500)
Lowland Gorilla (Minimum Posts: 700)
SilverBack (Minimum Posts: 1000)

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Just like an 800lb. gorilla, a great smoke has presence and carries you with gentle graces.

MoTheMan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.