Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Krazy Kanuck
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Thought I'd start this thread so people can let each other know when they are on Google+

Let's start tonight, Sandeep and I are online

All are welcome to join...

If you don't have a Google+ account, PM me with your email address and I will send you an invite.

·
The Karate Squid
10,158 Posts
I dunno... maybe it's just me, but virtual herfing seems weird to me.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool you do it, I don't think it's weird to do, I just think I would feel weird doing it myself. IRL, I'm kind of quiet, I don't think I'd have anything to say, and it'd feel weird sitting there staring at a screen without anything to say.

Also, I can't smoke indoors and don't have a webcam!

·
Banned
17,955 Posts
I used to Video Herf all the time a couple of years ago and it is fun...gives you a whole other way to interract. It does get some getting used to because it's "real time" and when it's not comfortable you end up sitting there feeling awkward and then you don't say anything. What does happen is that if there are more than 3 people and somebody wants to talk then it becomes problematic as to what talks first because invariably people start talking over each other. Another issue is the kind of equipment everybody is using...some computers now have a Web cam and mic already part of the computer and that seems to cause problems for those who use a stand alone mic and cam...there is a load of feeback and buffering and it creates more problems which makes the whole things a great big PIA. It is a trial and error thing that everybody needs to be aware of so they can work the bugs out...I have a G Mail account as well so when anybody gets the info shoot me an invite, too...just PM the details.

·
Codger In Training
4,771 Posts
I dunno... maybe it's just me, but virtual herfing seems weird to me.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool you do it, I don't think it's weird to do, I just think I would feel weird doing it myself. IRL, I'm kind of quiet, I don't think I'd have anything to say, and it'd feel weird sitting there staring at a screen without anything to say.

Also, I can't smoke indoors and don't have a webcam!
I'm right there with you, Derek.

I used to play in chatrooms a lot several years ago. When they started having "voicechat", it totally threw me off.

Then I discovered message boards.... :mrgreen:

·
Banned
3,021 Posts
I'm right there with you, Derek.

I used to play in chatrooms a lot several years ago. When they started having "voicechat", it totally threw me off.

Then I discovered message boards.... :mrgreen:
yeah i wont be doing any video herfing, lol. im usually listening to music or something while smoking but ill definitely do any chatting in chat rooms/etc

im sure itll be ocnfusing, but im on there as skumbo

·
Ron Mexico Assault Squid
1,498 Posts
I was on there with Craig and Sandeep today, was a really great time, and was able to get to know my brothers way better than ever could just over the message boards.

·
The Krazy Kanuck
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was on there with Craig and Sandeep today, was a really great time, and was able to get to know my brothers way better than ever could just over the message boards.
I agree Krystian, I think the audience makes a difference in that we respect each other and we allowed each other to talk.

It was definitely great getting to know you better as well.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I checked in on it once while I was at home and had the bandwidth to support it. Look forward to doing it again when I get home and wont feel bad about sitting in the garage smoking and joking online with some buddies. I felt I should be spending the time with Mrs Fuse and my daughter while I was home last time.

So I'm not bashing you Craig or Sandeep, I just had to take care of the family first. But heck, I know you guys understand. I'll see you in there... February-ish... hopefully!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.