Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the humidor thing. Got my first one last week. Seasoned using the sponge method. Wiped her down, leaving no water puddles. Added my digital hygrometer (yes, I calibrated it with salt/water method). 24 hours later, the RH level was at 88%. I pulled the sponge and closed it up for another 24 hours. The reading at that point has been a steady 68% RH at 71 degrees Fahrenheit.

Tonight I added 69% 2 Boveda packs (it a 50 count glass top)

Questions…
1) Is this thing “seasoned” if it reads 69% RH in 24 hours?
2) what is the “safe” RH to start adding cigars?
3) if it is seasoned, can I add all 50 cigars at one time? Or do I need to space it out? And what spacing would be appropriate.

Thanks I’m advanced! Just don’t want to mess this process up.

· Registered
7,486 Posts
With the RH reading steady i would add some cigars, not all but lets say half and see what happens over the next 24 hrs, your aim will be to get it to 65, with glass topped humidors being notoriously "leaky" your 69 bovidas should be good.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks you for the response Fusion. I have added about 1/2 as you suggested. RH dropped but quickly started coming back up! This excites me!! I PUMPED!! I’ll updated in 24 hours or so. 👍🏻

· Registered
7,486 Posts
Depending on the RH of the cigars you introduce(and the room RH) it will fluctuate for a while, all normal.
You didnt say what your goal RH is, what RH do you want them at?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts