Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have only bought a few boxes of domestics (puros indios and aliados) in the last few years. as much as i love cubans i really need to remember where i am financially and start smoking bundles again for everyday sticks. i know i like consuegra n9 and 84 maduros and la aurora seconds. i have read that the flor de olivas are good so i will try them. i very much like the slr reservas robustos but i think the ey sold out at 50 a box. i see phatash has indian tabac seconds/bundles and i liked the regs i have smoked from them. any other choices would be appreciated. i would prefer seconds against 50 cents really raunchy short filler ones. thanks again

ps anybody smoke la gloria wavells? until 97 i would take them over several cuban robustos but it seemed to me that when he increased production and sold to swedish match they weren't as good (aged). they worth 63 a box for aging?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have smoked the La Gloria Wavel seconds as an everyday stick for a while. They are the El Credito Rothchild. Not a bad stick, a little inconsistent but you expect that from a bundle. I have tried the Flor de Oliva's and they are a very good value bundle as well. I prefer the Flor de Oliva Maduro over the natural. The Maduro variety usually run me about $40 a bundle. If anyone knows where to get them cheaper, let me know.

·
Registered
949 Posts
G-Man Right on the Flor de Oliva is a great bundle. Try Rockyscigars.com. I am not sure but I think the maduros are cheaper there.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i used to smoke the MM robustos way beack when they first came out and there were good smokes. think they were in cabs of 40 back the. i smoked too many too fast and got burned out lol.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
A bit pricey, but I like La Unica (Dominican) bundles, Holt's Special Maduros, Cuba Aliados Bundles. All a bit on the comparatively mild side, but noteworthy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Olivas are great sellers, try the Embassy for an excellent bundle for the price.
we sell a ton of them and they are nice!

Ask for a sampler on your next order we'll throw some in.

:D

As Always,
Best Regards & Fresh Cigars,

Mike Glynn
www.rockyscigars.com
For Cigars...its as easy as Click, Save , Smoke!

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Worthy of mention are the Revolucion lines at ***************.com. They are boxed 2nds to CAO Cameroon, Maduro & Gold. :z

·
Registered
949 Posts
Bayoudawg

Wow Thanks!!!! Your Right they have better prices. Plus they have the new Flor de Oliva Corojo Wrapper bundles. Oh and the little lady thanks you too. :fu Since I just order a few bundles.

·
Registered
207 Posts
kamikaiguy said:
Bayoudawg

Wow Thanks!!!! Your Right they have better prices. Plus they have the new Flor de Oliva Corojo Wrapper bundles. Oh and the little lady thanks you too. :fu Since I just order a few bundles.
Tell her I said not to spend all that savings in one place!

·
Registered
130 Posts
kamikaiguy--did u go to the Big Smoke in Atlantic City a month or so ago?

Wetterhorn--How long did you let the Maria Mancini's sit for? I smoked one out of the box and it wasn't the best. I have about a week on them now in the humi.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Irish I was not at the big smoke off. I would have loved to have been though.

I also agree with you about the Maria Mancini. I let mine sit for about a month or so and they were better. I bet they are great after about 6 months.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah, no problems, cigars arrived promptly in good condition. I ordered a bundle of FdOs Robustos a few months ago, that's the only thing I've ordered from them. The price is just remarkable. I'll use them again.

bd

·
Registered
207 Posts
Has anyone tried any of the Cusano bundles? I thought about trying the "P2" Padron knockoffs, but by the time I got around to shopping they were off the market. Maybe that's a good thing? :rolleyes:

bd

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.