Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gorillas!

I am travelling to Montreal next week, and would really appreciate some recommendations on what I should smoke up there. I am very apprehensive about paying a ton for a cigar that won't be satisfying.

So, what better place to ask for recommendations than from you all!

What do you gorillas recommend?

Thanks!!!!!

:)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
only cigars in canada that are affordable are the ones u bring up from the states in your luggage.

but if your forced to buy, be sure it's reputable or an LCDH. cost effective smokes are the machine mades and PC's. I also found the vegueros#1 to be a good value
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dvickery said:
wetterhorn
Casa Del Habano, on Sherbrooke St West, near Mackay

derrek :)
Sounds good - I am even staying at a hotel on Sherbrooke! Any particular cigars you would recommend?

:)
 

· -
Joined
·
11,798 Posts
depends on what YOU like, and sizes that you prefer.

if you've got the $$, you should grab 2 cigars each from the major brands. some people feel that each brand has it's own flavor profile. but for all i know, you're more experienced than i am in regards to cuban cigars, as are most people on here.

i'd try, if i were you, based on my own limited experience:
robusto/hermoso 4 size:
PSD4
VR Famosos
Juan Lopez Sel #2
RASS

PC or TPC
partagas short
boli pc
san cristobal el principe
RASCC

Campana or Piramide
san cristobal la punta
BBF
VR Unicos
MC, H. Up, Dip #2's

don't forget some of the ELs out there...
and some of the machine mades or cheaper handmades that are still decent (fonseca or Quintero Londres Extra).
 

· Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Wetterhorn said:
Hey Gorillas!

I am travelling to Montreal next week, and would really appreciate some recommendations on what I should smoke up there. I am very apprehensive about paying a ton for a cigar that won't be satisfying.

So, what better place to ask for recommendations than from you all!

What do you gorillas recommend?

Thanks!!!!!

:)
Check your PM
 

· Bull Goose Gorilla
Joined
·
816 Posts
Check out Blatter & Blatter on JFK behind Sherbrooke next to the Delta Hotel. One of the older shops in Montreal. Ask for Peter Blatter and ask him what is good. He is a great guy and a straight arrow. I have been going there for years and he has never steered me wrong. The prices are high up there, get over it. Hang out, smoke a few cigars and meet the locals. A lot of good old boys hang out at Blatter & Blatter as opposed to the high end tourist traps.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sgoselin said:
Check out Blatter & Blatter on JFK behind Sherbrooke next to the Delta Hotel. One of the older shops in Montreal. Ask for Peter Blatter and ask him what is good. He is a great guy and a straight arrow. I have been going there for years and he has never steered me wrong. The prices are high up there, get over it. Hang out, smoke a few cigars and meet the locals. A lot of good old boys hang out at Blatter & Blatter as opposed to the high end tourist traps.
I am back from Montreal! :D

I only went to Blatter & Blatter (it was right around the corner from my hotel) and I had a blast! Smoked five cigars there, enjoyed great conversation and completely enjoyed myself! Peter Blatter wasn't there, but Pierre Blatter was and he steered me to the finest cigars I have ever had! Loved my stay there!

Thanks to all for the recommendations!!!!!
 

· -
Joined
·
11,798 Posts
Wetterhorn said:
Peter Blatter wasn't there, but Pierre Blatter was and he steered me to the finest cigars I have ever had! Loved my stay there!

Thanks to all for the recommendations!!!!!
what did you smoke?
 

· Bull Goose Gorilla
Joined
·
816 Posts
Wetterhorn, Glad it worked out. I will be there in about 2 weeks and will definitely be stopping in. Great place!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IHT said:
what did you smoke?
Well, the first one didn't have a band, and I forgot what it was - quite good though! Then I smoked a Partagas, Presidentes - WOW! Then I had a Monte Cristo #2 - DOUBLE WOW! After that, I smoked another Partagas, a Churchill Deluxe - quite good. Then a Diplomaticos - another great, great cigar! After that, a Hoyo de Monterrey - unreal!!!!

What I learned was that there really is a difference between expensive Cuban cigars and cigars from other countries. The tobacco is richer and smoother. The full taste of the cigar is unbelievable! I am hooked!

:w
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sgoselin said:
Wetterhorn, Glad it worked out. I will be there in about 2 weeks and will definitely be stopping in. Great place!
Be sure to mention the guy from Colorado to Pierre! Tell him I just absolutely loved the shop and the people! IT is a great, great place!!!!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top