Cigar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I no longer indulge in alcohol, I found this news clip and found it interesting. Seems the US Customs Service dosent like the word "Havana". They refuse to allow Glenfiddich rum that was matured in Cuban made barrels in Scotland into the USA.
I dont know about you but seems to me that the US Customs Service is about as sharp as a bowling ball.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/archive/30-1-19103-23-59-23.html

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
neat article
the only bottle of scotch , i have ever bought was glenfiddich(still got the tin can thing it came in).got it when the wife and i went to scotland in '98.
every town , village ,burg etc has a distillery and a golf course...i would think that if the production of whisky is so pervasive in scotland , they have a market and sell all they make.in typical scot fashion they probably got drunk and forgot about the US sales(they just lost).

derrek:)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
There was a bottle of this passed around at a herf I was at a couple of weekends ago. It is actually scotch, aged in old Cuban rum barrels. Not bad really and I'm not a scotch drinker. It says something on the bottle about being aged in Havana, if I remember right. Maybe I'll try to pick up a bottle for SoCal.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Man, this stuff has been easy to find, but the price is a bit steep.

·
Registered
410 Posts
JMO, but I've never been impressed by any Glenfiddich product. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Tom, this MAY change your mind. It has a very unique taste. I only had a small sip, but being that I really am not a scotch drinker, it still didn't suck. :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Unfortunately, I was not able to get a hold of a bottle of this for the weekend. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts