Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The Cheese stands alone
2,749 Posts
I'm surprised that there was practically zero hype about the release of this blend. I knew that there was going to be a second plug released, but I hadn't heard the name, components, or any type of release date. Compared to Jackknife Plug, where guys were practically doing the peepee dance waiting for it's release.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Well, damn it, I've got two tins en route now right along with another $85 of G.L. Pease tobacco, because I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for shipping!

I like the Americana tin art of Triple Play a lot more than Jackknife's which is weird because they have the same three tone layout, but there you go.

Down to just over 100 now. It's a quiet scramble.

·
The Mad Roofer
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, damn it, I've got two tins en route now right along with another $85 of G.L. Pease tobacco, because I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for shipping!

I like the Americana tin art of Triple Play a lot more than Jackknife's which is weird because they have the same three tone layout, but there you go.

Down to just over 100 now. It's a quiet scramble.
They always get me with that. I had about 65 dollars worth in the cart and no way am I going to pay 10 bucks in shipping. Then i got it to 99 dollars. Then finally up to 110 for the free shipping. Those bastards!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Grabbed a couple of tins.

I also ordered some of the "Cornell & Diehl: First Responders".

Cornell & Diehl: First Responders 2oz New!

Product Number: 003-016-0156
On Sept. 11, 2001 America and the entire world changed forever. While horrified at the devastation that occurred, the world watched with awe and wonder the heroism of the men and women who were the First Responders to the World Trade Center site. C&D recognizes and salutes their bravery and selfless dedication to others with the re-release of Tribute, the original G. L. Pease mixture created September 2001 as a fund-raiser for the families of 9/11 victims. A blend of red, bright and stoved Virginias with a dash of Perique and toasted Cavendish.

·
The Mad Roofer
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Grabbed a couple of tins.

I also ordered some of the "Cornell & Diehl: First Responders".

Cornell & Diehl: First Responders 2oz New!

Product Number: 003-016-0156
On Sept. 11, 2001 America and the entire world changed forever. While horrified at the devastation that occurred, the world watched with awe and wonder the heroism of the men and women who were the First Responders to the World Trade Center site. C&D recognizes and salutes their bravery and selfless dedication to others with the re-release of Tribute, the original G. L. Pease mixture created September 2001 as a fund-raiser for the families of 9/11 victims. A blend of red, bright and stoved Virginias with a dash of Perique and toasted Cavendish.
Damn I wish I saw that!

Scratch that, those are to cool to pass up!

·
I was Level 2!!!
873 Posts
I got 2 tins as soon as I got home...plan to try the 1st Responders asap, but I now have more tobacco than I could ever smoke in a lifetime!!!!

·
Puff.com Editor & Writer
3,749 Posts
I'm surprised that there was practically zero hype about the release of this blend. I knew that there was going to be a second plug released, but I hadn't heard the name, components, or any type of release date. Compared to Jackknife Plug, where guys were practically doing the peepee dance waiting for it's release.
I guess you missed this announcement on April 5th.

New G. L. Pease Blend to Be Released at Chicago Pipe Show | Pipes Magazine - The #1 Source for Pipes and Pipe Tobacco Information

And the review went up yesterday.
G. L. Pease Triple Play Tobacco Review | Pipes Magazine - The #1 Source for Pipes and Pipe Tobacco Information

·
1,198 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday and was able to enjoy a bowl.

Its got one heck of a nic kick, my advice is to smoke it on a full stomach and don't puff on it to fast.
I did the opposite and I paid for it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.