Cigar Forums banner

Gibabit Internet Speed

780 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  sinkable 
#1 ·
I finally got a good internet connection. AT&T fiber, I got the 1000Mbps/1000Mbps gigabit plan.
I've had to settle with satalite internet through Hughsnet for the last 3 years since I moved. Slowest internet on the planet lol. Hated it. Couldn't even watch Netflix on it, and forget gaming. No cable here ether.

AT&T has been laying the fiber lines for the last couple months in my neighborhood, they finally finished and I got it installed couple days ago. :grin2: Crazy fast speeds... not data limits ether.

Sorry I get excited about this type of stuff haha...

See less See more
#3 ·
I finally can get nice things haha... for instance, the ring doorbell. Also will finally be able to view my home security cameras on my phone with no lag. Might get back into Xbox Live gaming too. Still stuck with satellite tv. Dish Network, but I like it... upgrading to the new Hopper 3 tomorrow. Able to use Chromecast on all my TVs now too.

Reactions: Fusion
#6 ·
Weird that AT&T started pushing DirectTV instead of U-Verse so hard but are still installing new fiber-optics for Internet. Supposedly that was the whole point a few years ago... i.e. no U-Verse unless/until fiber was in.

Almost fell for the changover myslef, but U-Verse is good and satellite sux. Why not keep UV as their premier TV service where the infrastructure for it is in place and just use DTV where they have to?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.