Cigar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of years ago I used to discuss movie on a movie-chat. And there it was that great movie-watcher, cineast (?), that had Sam Peckinpah as his favourite movie director. And naturally I also had to watch these movies that were made by Peckinpah. We had a lot of fun BTW... :)

I had seen The Cross of Iron before and perhaps The Wild Bunch before when I was younger and didnt understand or care for greater movies. So I started to watch some of his movies the two mentioned before, Billy the Kid, Ostermanns Weekend, Convoy (I think), Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia and ofcourse Getaway. I liked them all and thought that The Wild Bunch was
probably the best western-movie I had ever seen. They showed alot of those movies on the TV.

A week or so I noticed that a friend of mine had Getaway so I had to see it. He lent it to me and I watched it. Great movie with Steve McQueen and Ali MacGraw in the leading roles. Short: Doc McCoy gets out of jail to do a bankjob, but things doesnt work out as he thought it would, but he seems prepared to that too...

Im getting Straw Dogs and some other Peckinpah-movie soon... :)

4.7 out of 5.0 (Peckinpah was a genious!)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.