Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry ... two martinis

Georgetown is doomed. Why?

Every single team I liked in every single game has lost. I keep picking new favorites and they keep losing. All I have left is Georgetgown ... and I was rooting for NC. :mad:

It will probably turn out to be Florida v Ohilo State :pu.

· Registered
78 Posts
I really did not want ot say it but G'town+refs = unbeatable combo.
Oh well that's the way it goes.:c
^^Excuse me here.. but we need a BS flag and a ten yard penalty on this call^^

Everyone knows when you play Duke or NC they have 7 player minimum on the court... G'Town would have been far more ahead and that Game wouldn't have been OT had there been straight-up ball playing :ss

See Ya Next Year TarHeels!!:tu :w

Hog

· New Patriotic Dissenter
475 Posts
Refs? NC missed everything, but the floor the last 10 minutes of the game. At one point, they went 8 minutes without a bucket. They folded.
they shot poorly, but hibbert committed at least 10 fouls, maybe 15 and they let him play on. the refs called the first half correctly and then swallowed their whistles when the game counted, just like in the Xavier game when they didn't cll the flagrant on the middle-aged freshman.
OSU + Georgetown = 2 teams in the final four because of lousy officiating. I won't watch because I'd be hoping for bad things to happen to both teams and that's neither right nor fun.

475 Posts
^^Excuse me here.. but we need a BS flag and a ten yard penalty on this call^^

Everyone knows when you play Duke or NC they have 7 player minimum on the court... G'Town would have been far more ahead and that Game wouldn't have been OT had there been straight-up ball playing :ss

See Ya Next Year TarHeels!!:tu :w

Hog
If by staight-up ball playing you mean blatent old school big east thuggery like when J. T. II was coaching georgetown I'd agree. If you mean basketball where the fouls are consistently called I'd have to disagree. And please don't lump UNC in with the dookies. Carolina recruits atheletes, unlike Duke.

· Registered
78 Posts
If by staight-up ball playing you mean blatent old school big east thuggery like when J. T. II was coaching georgetown I'd agree. If you mean basketball where the fouls are consistently called I'd have to disagree. And please don't lump UNC in with the dookies. Carolina recruits atheletes, unlike Duke.
Why am I replying to this^

I lump Duke and NC together as having 7 players on the court during their tournament games.. you must have slept through the 3 games NC played? especially the one against USC or before that Mich St. where the calls were lop sided in favor of NC... So today they got man handled a little more then they dish out and we got some sour grapes in the mix??

Lighten Up folks.. this is what March Madness is all about.. the best of the best down to the final seasons champions...

G'Town has a pretty good ball team this year.. but in my Bracket rather it would have been NC or G'Town.. I put my winnings on Ohio State having that better team all round... UCLA also looks good and Florida Congrats to them for trying a repeat crown...

Good Luck to all the Teams Remaining and to all still in the running!!:tu

Hog

475 Posts
Why am I replying to this^

I lump Duke and NC together as having 7 players on the court during their tournament games.. you must have slept through the 3 games NC played? especially the one against USC or before that Mich St. where the calls were lop sided in favor of NC... So today they got man handled a little more then they dish out and we got some sour grapes in the mix??

Lighten Up folks.. this is what March Madness is all about.. the best of the best down to the final seasons champions...

G'Town has a pretty good ball team this year.. but in my Bracket rather it would have been NC or G'Town.. I put my winnings on Ohio State having that better team all round... UCLA also looks good and Florida Congrats to them for trying a repeat crown...

Good Luck to all the Teams Remaining and to all still in the running!!:tu

Hog
why am I replying to this???

Sour grapes, maybe a little, only because i hate officials having a hand in a games outcome. But the USC and Mich. state games were just examples of two teams wearing down because they didn't have the depth to compete. The argument that Carolina gets calls is ridiculous. Tyler Hansbrough shot a ton of free throws this year, but should have shot a third again as many. He is constantly getting hammered and the whistle blows only about 2 out of every three times he is fouled. The georgetown game was called correctly for a half and and then the refs blew it by refusing to foul hibbert out of the game. Credit thompson for getting in the refs tiny little minds and shame on them for being the inconsistent wimps they were. I'd like to wish good luck to the remaining teams, but I can't root for a single one of them. Time for the NFL draft and baseball til next year.

· Not Here
12,735 Posts
Hog if you will notice my post I said "thats the way it goes".
Being a UNC fan yes I do get upset when they don't get calls in the important stages of the game. Anyone who watched the game knows that Hibbert should have fouled out fairly early in the second half. And then the foul on Hansbrough when he was stationary with both hands in the air.
But like I said "that's the way it goes". Good luck to the remaining four teams and whoever wins it will be deserving for just making it this far. One of the most entertaining tournaments in recent history.

And oh yeah just to prove I am human I do gloat when the officials blow calls against UNC.:D

· The Original PUFF Daddy
418 Posts
Refs? NC missed everything, but the floor the last 10 minutes of the game. At one point, they went 8 minutes without a bucket. They folded.
G-Town should've never been in the game....big travel not called against Vandy Thursday night.

· Registered
2,153 Posts
G-Town should've never been in the game....big travel not called against Vandy Thursday night.
What about the hacks on Green while he was shooting that also went no call? I'm not a Georgetown fan, but come on, that was a good no call. He had two guys hanging all over him and in real time, that travel was way too tough to see. Refs can't call what they think they see, they have to actually see it. The only camera angle that definetly shows that he walked was an elevated one that was zoomed way in. The refs don't have the benefit of that angle. How come the Tar Heel fans aren't talking about going 2-24 (or something ridiculous) to finish the game? They made something crazy like 2 field goals in the last 12 or so minutes including overtime, and their beloved Tyler Hansbrough couldn't make a FREE THROW in overtime. The Tar Heels fell apart. Don't tell me they got fouled and jobbed by the refs when you can't put the ball in the hoop. Hell, that's why my beloved Jayhawks lost, they got to the hoop and open looks fine, but they couldn't knock them down.

· Registered
267 Posts
they shot poorly, but hibbert committed at least 10 fouls, maybe 15 and they let him play on. the refs called the first half correctly and then swallowed their whistles when the game counted, just like in the Xavier game when they didn't cll the flagrant on the middle-aged freshman.
OSU + Georgetown = 2 teams in the final four because of lousy officiating. I won't watch because I'd be hoping for bad things to happen to both teams and that's neither right nor fun.
you could say the same about oden. he has that spin move that he clears out the defender every time with his elbow. the funny thing is after the Xavier game the refs seem to have overlooked it.

· Not Here
12,735 Posts
I won't watch because I'd be hoping for bad things to happen to both teams and that's neither right nor fun.
Why would you wish bad things on them and by bad things what exactley do you mean?
They are just kids afterall (albeit rather large ones:D ) but you should not wish bad things on them.
They are just playing the game and really have no say about how it is officiated.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.