Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No doubt, this one was made for the big screen (as in movie theater). Even on our 50" HDTV, it loses the same feeling I had watching it in the theater. That being said, the surround sound (either DTS or 5.1) is unbelievable. Probably the best 'mix' for channels I've heard since the Matrix.
As for rating the movie - I'll give a 9 for the story and a 8 for acting (some is excellent, some is so-so).
DTS gets a perfect 10.

Overall, glad we bought it and look forward to watching it again.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I didnt like this movie at all. I think it was one of Scorseses weakest movies. DiCaprio was as usually terrible.

2.5 out of 5.0

PS. I saw the VHS version. DS

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
This is one of my favorite movies. While I thought DiCaprio was horrible in his role I loved Daniel Day Lewis' portrayal of Bill the Butcher. He did an amazing job and really brought forth the emotions that the role called for. Cameron Diaz's acting was sub-par and unconvincing. The detailed sets were a real treat to see on the big screen. Plot wise I thought it was sound with only minor imperfections in the scripting.

Overall 8 out of 10. See it if for nothing else than Daniel Day Lewis' performance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts