Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Pipe Smokin' Piranha
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who out there actually likes fruit cake... And I don't mean as a door stopper. My current favorite below...

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Liked, didn't love, it as a kid but haven't had it in years. Today, I think it would evoke a positive response that was more nostalgia than actual enjoyment of the taste.

·
I'll have a maduro thanks
789 Posts
I love it! I agree with Ron that a good homemade one is best but I’ve enjoyed some commercial ones as well.

·
Super Moderator
8,536 Posts
I like it, though I'm the only one in my family that does. And Claxton is the only brand I buy.

Many years ago I used to do business with the gal who, along with her brothers, owns the company now, supplying them with tins, baskets, and such for their special seasonal packaging. IIRC, her father bought the company back in the 1940's from the original founder. So, still family owned and operated. Really nice lady - very committed to maintaining Claxton's legendary quality - as were everyone I ever met at the company.

·
Super Moderator
17,545 Posts
I've never had it. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen one in person.. lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Food Ingredient Recipe Dish Cuisine

Not an “American” fruit cake, yet it’s the best holiday cake with fruit I think I’ve ever had in my life. Nice and airy, light flavors, with pops of dried fruit and candied orange peel

·
Registered
791 Posts
I don’t care for it but maybe I’ve just never had a good one. I haven’t eaten it for years. My dad used to get several as gifts every year and I’d try them occasionally. He loved them, but he also liked drinking buttermilk… :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I haven’t had it in years, but last time it was homemade. It had plenty of rum in it. That was of course the best part.

·
One of the a-holes
6,753 Posts
Thanks, Jack. The postage will be excessive.
Don’t worry, pal, I won’t recip.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts