Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On January 1, 2004 a new law affecting public buildings went into effect.

The new law prohibits smoking within 20 feet of main entrances, exits and operable windows of any building owned, leased, or occupied by the state, county or city, and buildings of the University of California (UC), California State University (CSU), and California Community Colleges. (Per AB 846, Chapter 342, Statutes of 2003, signed by Governor Davis amending Government Code, Sections 7596-7598).

This new law does not impede enforcement of current no smoking laws that go beyond 20 feet of a doorway or operable window. In addition, this new law does not prevent government entities from adopting and enforcing future no smoking laws that go beyond 20 feet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well added to that law, here where I live, at last weeks City Commission metting they passed a new city law. If your caught smoking within 15 feet of any public place the city police can write you a fine of up to $250.00, I like to FEEL OVER when I read it on the front page of the local newspaper !!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome to the land of the free...free to do anything as long as the PC police ok it. What a bunch of friggin Nazis. I am in the Army and have been to combat to free people in other nations from oppressive govornments just to come home and be oppressed...what a bunch of Bulls**t :sb What happend to the prusit of happiness? I can understand not smoking in some public and govornment establishments, but to make a blanket set of laws is ludacrist. I can't smoke in a restaraunt in FL but a convicted child molester who is out on parol can eat at a table next to my family because to prevent these criminals from doing anything would be an infringment on there civil libirties. :sb

This is getting too stupid to believe!!!
Smoke Out!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Jess speaking from personal experience, the city police in LA would not no how to enforce all these smoking laws anyway. Never in my 15 years, have I ever heard of someone responding to illegal smoking. Brotha it ain't gonna happen!!!

A cop will find something else to tie-up his time, rather than enforcing something he has no knowledge about..The officer would have to actually catch you smoking to enforce the law, and since the average response time for LAPD (check the LA Times 1/15 edition) exceeds that of a 10-15 smoke, the likelyhood is unlikely. Also misdmeanors and infractions have to occur in the presence of the officer for him to enforce, unless the owner/ manager demands a private person's arrest. Which ain't gonna happen if you leave prior to the arrival of the police..LOL!!! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.