Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
KingMeatyHand said:
I am more concerned with my current inventory than I am my future one. :al
We are a little over due for a direct hit. We've been lucky in Tampa for a long time. One good thing about the storm, I just finished 18 holes and nobody else on the course. :D I guess they're all stocking up on water and stuff.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I could replace the Frau.

Sandbags in place, doors caulked. Supposed to be a 14 foot surge in Oldsmar, my home. I can't leave, on call at the local hospital. Maybe we'll catch a break.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Fredster and Heartpumper,
I will be watching out for you guys from over here in West Palm.
I wish your families and homes a safe next day or two.
After the hurricane passes, perhaps we can celebrate
with a Florida Herf.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
You guys are definitely in our prayers up here! Hold on tight!

·
Registered
17 Posts
i live in the new orleans area, and i was sweating charley. but when they said it was going to hit florida i was like.........phwewwwww! i was wanting bonnie to hit us cause i like a good storm, but a cat 3 is more than i want, if you know what i mean. ALL of new orleans is like 6 ft. below sea level so if it was to hit us right, ALL of new orleans would be under water. i feel kinda guilty cause since we are on the west side of bonnie and charley, it is pulling down alot of cool air from the north and pushing all the humidity and rain out into the ocean, so were having some of the best weather we will have this year because of the storms. but i hope you guys make it out ok, ill be watching you on the weather channel. good luck!

·
Registered
234 Posts
To add insult to injury, we won't be able to go outside, yet I'm forbidden to light up in the house.

It's lucky the freezerdor project is having humidity stabilization problems, the Cubans had to stay in a sealed Igloo cooler.

I'm with a company that provides heart surgery services. People still get sick, and there are several who just had surgery that can't be evacuated. I won't make most of my employees leave their families, so....

During Elena in '85 we were stuck inside Tampa General Hospital for three days. Smart idea to build a hospital on an island and put the generators on the ground floor. They've redesigned since then.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Whew! Dodged a bullet. The storm made a quick right and headed NNE about 100 miles south of the Bay. I'm guessing Fredster might catch some bad weather in Riverview.

Kind of sucks, knowing one's luck creates misery for someone else.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Heartpumper said:
Whew! Dodged a bullet. The storm made a quick right and headed NNE about 100 miles south of the Bay. I'm guessing Fredster might catch some bad weather in Riverview.

Kind of sucks, knowing one's luck creates misery for someone else.
Not too bad here, but all my wifes family is in Ft. Myers. We called after the storm passed and thankfully everyones OK, but they can't cross the bridge to Cape Coral to see how bad they're house is.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Finished the day with a PSD4 and a Rusty Nail. Beautiful weather- breezy, cool. Man, what a difference from how I thought things would turn out.

Fredster, hope your family fares well. I might end up at Charlotte Regional Medical Center next week helping out while the hospital staff cleans up at home.

Heartpumper

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Heartpumper said:
Finished the day with a PSD4 and a Rusty Nail. Beautiful weather- breezy, cool. Man, what a difference from how I thought things would turn out.

Fredster, hope your family fares well. I might end up at Charlotte Regional Medical Center next week helping out while the hospital staff cleans up at home.

Heartpumper
Just talked to them. No power in Ft Myers since 4:00PM, and very extensive damage everywhere. They are saying it could be days before power is restored. My brother in law works at Lee Memorial and said it wasn't too bad, but Cape Coral was missing a large part of it's roof.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts