Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While most of you guys are enjoying the end of the work-week I'm still stuck at work till midnight. So why don't you guys post what you got planned to smoke on friday nights to celebrate the weekend while I'll cut my veins at work! :hn

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Hey no bitchin' from you...... I'm here till 6am tomorrow morning:D

But before I came to work today I had a Boli Beli Finos which I will write a review on later this evening.

Good luck though Nely I know how it is to pull grave shift.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Too bad you have to work so late, hope you don't go postal and :gn everyone down. ;)
I just finished off a JDN Robusto. Mmmm, Mmmmm good.
Hope next Fri is better for you.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Stuck at work until 1:00 AM myself, so not smoking anything until tomorrow. Probably have a Mag 46 with my coffee in the morning.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Smoked a Vegas de Fonseca earlier.

While watching Troy, I had a Camacho Corojo.

All this is in between trying to relight the pilot on the hot water heater. The regulator at the propane tank froze up & was out there earlier today with a blow dryer on an extension cord. So far, no luck. Will have to take a shower at my mother-in-law's tomorrow if I can't get this :c thing lit. Surely will thaw by tomorrow sometime, as is supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow. Luckily, we heat our house with an insert.

·
Registered
681 Posts
LasciviousXXX said:
Law Enforcement........ 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We're always on.

Damn Emergency Services!!!!
Since you guys are in Law Enforcement; I have a couple of speeding tickets, think you can take care of them for me :z

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Jeff said:
What do you guys do that you have to work so late on Friday? I hope its worth it.

Jeff
Production Support for a Human Resources outsourcing company. Sure it's worth it, it beats working for a living. :D

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
I dug into the "special box" and pulled out a VR Famosos this evening. I wish I would have pulled out one of my normal Maduros or maybe another Punch Gran Puro Rancho. The VR was good but I would prefer most good $5 domestically available sticks to this $8 ISOM.

My more enjoyable activity this evening; I managed to pour 2 very good Black & Tans using a nifty gizmo called a Brütül Black & Tan Turtle. The really cool part is a did it with a regular bottled stout (St. Arnold Winter Stout); I didn't even need to use a bottle with a nitrogen widget in it. The gravity of draft & widget stouts make them even easier to suspend. I rarely could get stout to suspend using a Guiness Spoon, even with the widget equipped cans.

-Matt-

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
txmatt said:
My more enjoyable activity this evening; I managed to pour 2 very good Black & Tans using a nifty gizmo called a Brütül Black & Tan Turtle. The really cool part is a did it with a regular bottled stout (St. Arnold Winter Stout); I didn't even need to use a bottle with a nitrogen widget in it. The gravity of draft & widget stouts make them even easier to suspend. I rarely could get stout to suspend using a Guiness Spoon, even with the widget equipped cans.

-Matt-
Dude, Matt, I don't even know what you just said but it sounded hella cool. I'm gonna go around the PD saying things like "Widget Stout" and see what kind of responses I get :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine was more like a midday smoke to bring in the weekend after getting laid off this morning. CAO Criollo and A. Fuente Double Chateau. Off to find a new job starting monday.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It was going to be a Graycliff Crystal.....

.....but instead, I'm on the couch with a truly nasty cold. So I sparked up a Camacho Machito....then I quickly put it out because smoke is basically the last thing I need right now. The Machito tasted pretty nice, even with a cold. But I can barely breathe as it is these days so.....

Nely said:
While most of you guys are enjoying the end of the work-week I'm still stuck at work till midnight. So why don't you guys post what you got planned to smoke on friday nights to celebrate the weekend while I'll cut my veins at work! :hn

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
CDP II said:
Mine was more like a midday smoke to bring in the weekend after getting laid this morning. A blow job starting monday.
Good luck with that. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well I work a rotating shift 5am to 5pm one week and then 5pm to 5am the next. I'm on the back side this week, so I don't get off till 5am tomorrow morning. Anyway I went up front to the smoke shack and had a Savinelli Special Selection and a Sprite while I read my book HABANOS The story of the Havana cigar by Nancy Stout :w

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
LasciviousXXX said:
Dude, Matt, I don't even know what you just said but it sounded hella cool. I'm gonna go around the PD saying things like "Widget Stout" and see what kind of responses I get :D
Well here is Guiness' web site information on their Widget. The short explaination is its an air filled ping pong ball in your beer.

Guiness Marketing Gurus said:
Now you can enjoy the perfect pub pint at home thanks to the ingenious "widget" that is inserted in all GUINNESS® Draught cans.
The "widget" is actually a plastic device which sits at the bottom of the can. When the can is opened, the widget releases a mixture of beer and nitrogen that creates a surge of bubbles. When you pour it into a glass these bubbles eventually settle to form the famous tight white head creating the perfect pint experience from the pub right at home.

Your GUINNESS® Draught in cans should be chilled for a minimum of three hours before serving.
Here is Guiness' information on their newer Rocket Widget

Guiness Marketing Gurus said:
Now you can enjoy the perfect pint of GUINNESS® straight from the bottle - so there's no need for a glass. Enjoy the authentic taste of GUINNESS® anytime, anywhere thanks to another clever little invention, the "rocket widget."
Once the bottle is opened, the "rocket widget" creates the famous surge and forms the signature creamy head right inside. Every time you take a drink from the bottle the "rocket widget" refreshes the surge so that you get the perfect pint taste with every sip. Ingenious.
Basically the easiest way to pour a Black and Tan is from Draught or from a Widget equipped can, since they put more air in the beer allowing it to "float".

-Matt-

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.