Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 627 Posts

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I'm going to try a Don Kiki cigar that came with my humidor. I bought the humi from Cuban Crafters and apperently they also sell the Don Kiki line. I was reading Smoke magazine last night and saw an ad for them. They are small brand out of Miami. Anyone ever try one of these cigars?

What is everyone else going to smoke tonight?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have a couple of Don Kikis from my first bomb. Haven't got to them yet, so I'll let you go first! Post a review, por favor.

Padron 6000 N on the list for tonight.

Grilling on Saturday, so I'll wait and see on that.

Anyone else have something planned?

Scott"makingalist,checkingittwice"M

·
Registered
978 Posts
Jeff said:
Tonight I'm going to try a Don Kiki They are small brand out of Miami. Anyone ever try one of these cigars?
These are a bundled cigar, you can get them from Smokeall
http://www.smokeall.com/BrandSel.asp?PTYPE=0&CUST_ID=&ORDER_NO=&sauser=4371

Always being on the hunt for a decent cheap cigar, i have tried a few of these bundles. I did not care for the red label -- i found it rather harsh and tasteless.

The brown label was a bit better. First i tried the figurado -- that was a very passable cigar. It had quite a bit of complexity and i would buy these again.

The toro however, while better than the red label, suffered from harsh insipidness.

Jeff said:
ERDM Flor de Llaneza -- it is Friday night after all.

_____
rm

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Jeff said:
Tonight I'm going to try a Don Kiki cigar that came with my humidor. I bought the humi from Cuban Crafters and apperently they also sell the Don Kiki line. I was reading Smoke magazine last night and saw an ad for them. They are small brand out of Miami. Anyone ever try one of these cigars?

Jeff
Don Kiki has blended some great sticks, Cupido being my favorite. Is the DK a white, red, green, or brown label?

I am not certain what I am going to smoke yet, I have some LfD El Jockos that have been tempting me, and a Leon Jiminez that has been more tempting since I read that they are made by La Aurora. I gotta go get some more of their 100 Anos! Cusano C10s have been a favorite of mine lately. I now have 7 Padron '26 sticks in my possesion as well; those are screaming to be smoked!

Decisions decisions... I love Fridays!
-Matt-

·
Registered
546 Posts
Never tried the Don Kiki. Definitely give a write up on that one. As for tonight's smoke....Puros indios Presidente as I lay the smack down on some buddies In Madden Football!

Grinch OUT!!!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Never tried that either, but tonight im gonna light up a Fuente Fuente OpusX...

·
Registered
234 Posts
With apologies to Fredster and Bruce5, I'm smoking a Fuente Royal Salute with sun grown wrapper, gifted to me recently.

Beautiful, smooth, maybe mild-medium, but flavorful. Can't find any to hoard, however. All my Internet sources were sold out. Any ideas?

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Heartpumper said:
With apologies to Fredster and Bruce5, I'm smoking a Fuente Royal Salute with sun grown wrapper, gifted to me recently.

Beautiful, smooth, maybe mild-medium, but flavorful. Can't find any to hoard, however. All my Internet sources were sold out. Any ideas?
My favorite Chateau Fuente Sungrown is the Cuban Belicoso, unfortunately they are even harder to find than the Royal Salute. Maybe my palate isn't refined enough, but I can't taste a difference between the Chateau Double Corona and the Chateau Royal Salute, and the Double Coronas are much easier to find and considerably less expensive.. 2cents, take the copper or leave it.. :D

-Matt-

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Jeff said:
Anyone ever try one of these cigars?

Jeff
I actually just smoked a Don Kiki for the first time this weekend, as it came in a Corona Cigars sampler I got a few weeks back. I really liked it! It was very smooth, and mild, which is what I tend to like for my morning cigar. I'm interested in picking up more!

As for tonite's smoke, I have half-a-box of La Aroma De Cuba sitting in one of my humis that I've been picking at for the better part of a year, now. The batch has been really solid, and it's a great cigar to just kick back with. :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Probably a Flor de Oliva Churchill.

Cheap and yummy! :D

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Smoking a Mag 46 right now. I love Coronas Gorda, but this is a little too light bodied for me, of course I have been on a Bolivar kick lately so that may have something to do with it. Good sweet tobacco taste, draw and burn are good....has anyone else noticed how thin the wrappers are on the 04 Mag 46?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Too early to call just yet,soooo, I've got a graycliff,rocky patel'92, a 5 vegas, and a punch rare corojo. Man, decisions... decisions...I just throw them in the travel humi and go from there..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just came in from smoking a Rocky Patel '92. Great smoke, smooth and creamy, great draw and lot's of beautiful smoke!

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Started off the day with an Onyx Vintage '97' Epicure.

After supper had a Breton Corojo Vintage robusto.

Am fixin' to spark a Vegas de Fonseca Sobrinos.

1 - 20 of 627 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.