Cigar Forums banner
1041 - 1060 of 1098 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Does she just get in the stand when the bird is located or actually gets it to fly up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dog locks up on point and I go in and flush the bird. This picture is from a training day out at our club we cant hunt the quail on our club property but can stock pheasant and chukars to hunt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hope they're not like our stocked pheasant. Most of em you gotta kick em in the a$$ to get em to fly. Sometimes literally.. lol

I've never hunted em with a dog so that may be different. Doubt it but maybe..

I drive by my old grouse hunting places. Used to be all pine trees and grape vines. Now they're upscale housing developments or fracking property.

Seems like every place I used to hunt, the original owners died and the kids sold the property or the gas company made em an offer they couldn't refuse. I don't blame em but I wish the gas people would take down your tree stands and call the number so I could go get em before they plowed it over. Lost a hang on and two double ladder stands when they plowed an access road. They weren't supposed to bulldoze that section of woods cause it ran a fence line. But they did anyway. The owners said they ran a whole new fence plus gave em a check. He hooked me up with a couple stands so it all came out in the wash, but it's still annoying. Gonna be rough finding a place to hunt in another ten years

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yeah loosing property always sucks. I've lost three of my best properties to turkey and deer hunt the last 2 years so I hunt mostly public land now.Our Fish and game has 3450000 acres of public lands to hunt so it's not bad

·
Super Moderator
17,024 Posts
Yeah loosing property always sucks. I've lost three of my best properties to turkey and deer hunt the last 2 years so I hunt mostly public land now.Our Fish and game has 3450000 acres of public lands to hunt so it's not bad

We have a ton of public land also. But it comes with guys that have no etiquette or ethics. Especially with the mild winters we've been havin. You don't have to be a die hard to hunt when it's 40° out.

The game commission is also talking about running buck and doe season together. So the" if it's brown it's down" parade will be out in full force, punchin holes in anything that moves. I'll just keep huntin my couple little patches to they get sold. Then I'll probably hang it up.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Hope they're not like our stocked pheasant. Most of em you gotta kick em in the a$$ to get em to fly. Sometimes literally.. lol

I've never hunted em with a dog so that may be different. Doubt it but maybe..

I drive by my old grouse hunting places. Used to be all pine trees and grape vines. Now they're upscale housing developments or fracking property.

Seems like every place I used to hunt, the original owners died and the kids sold the property or the gas company made em an offer they couldn't refuse. I don't blame em but I wish the gas people would take down your tree stands and call the number so I could go get em before they plowed it over. Lost a hang on and two double ladder stands when they plowed an access road. They weren't supposed to bulldoze that section of woods cause it ran a fence line. But they did anyway. The owners said they ran a whole new fence plus gave em a check. He hooked me up with a couple stands so it all came out in the wash, but it's still annoying. Gonna be rough finding a place to hunt in another ten years

you can come down to paradise and hunt alligators...plus side...you don't need a stand and i will bring you wine and cigars

·
Super Moderator
17,024 Posts
you can come down to paradise and hunt alligators...plus side...you don't need a stand and i will bring you wine and cigars
And probably a prosthetic arm after the first day.. lol

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,232 Posts

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,232 Posts
Cooper is getting a lot calmer...guess that's what happens when you get your jewels cut off...
View attachment 307202
No you didn't you sadist!
I have never fixed any dog i have owned!
They all lived long healthy lives.
Close to or over 20 years.
When they reach 7 or so they calm down naturally.
Either Male or Female.
Bonding is the key.
I don't blame you.
It's like a teenaged girl that gets an abortion.
it is legal so it must ne okay.
Welcome to the brainwashed agenda LOL!

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
No you didn't you sadist!
I have never fixed any dog i have owned!
They all lived long healthy lives.
Close to or over 20 years.
When they reach 7 or so they calm down naturally.
Either Male or Female.
Bonding is the key.
I don't blame you.
It's like a teenaged girl that gets an abortion.
it is legal so it must ne okay.
Welcome to the brainwashed agenda LOL!
To adopt a rescued pitbull you have to commit for them to be neutered...If I didn't rescue him, he would have been killed. I figured... Better without balls than dead.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,232 Posts
To adopt a rescued pitbull you have to commit for them to be neutered...If I didn't rescue him, he would have been killed. I figured... Better without balls than dead.
I was not aware the laws are like that in Fla.
They are not in New York. Missy was a rescue.
They sure do try to push the spay on you.
You know its a sale now.
Only $500 if there are no complications.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I was not aware the laws are like that in Fla.
They are not in New York. Missy was a rescue.
They sure do try to push the spay on you.
You know its a sale now.
Only $500 if there are no complications.
Not down here... Paid by the rescue, you just have to take them and care after.
This is Florida, man...things are better in the south (maybe because we pick better) :)

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,232 Posts
Not down here... Paid by the rescue, you just have to take them and care after.
This is Florida, man...things are better in the south (maybe because we pick better) :)
Err i dunno what you mean. o_O
Pick better what?
I lived in Miami in the 80's. (n)
Fresh out of the Marine Corps.
I was in South Miami Kendal Drive.
Not far from you lots of social unrest.
Social injustice Police were heavy handed.
Better than half had criminal records.
Because of the influx of crime those in charge .
Hired cops without doing background checks.
When they should have asked the Federal government for help.
Martial law would have been a wiser choice IMHO.
That and coming home to the news .
Innocent people murdered on the streets.
Buy stray bullets from rival drug gangs. :eek:

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Those were Carlitos Way times... Things are a lot better now. :)

1041 - 1060 of 1098 Posts