Cigar Forums banner
1021 - 1040 of 1098 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
We normally spend a couple days trying to clear all the sand from Walters eyes after going to the beach since he loves to flip for flying sand. My wife decided to try a set of goggles designed for dogs. He gets so excited and focused on catching sand, he didn't seem to mind the goggles at all...

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0WtzWR_ROBFqksXo-_xa4Z-Ug

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,036 Posts
We normally spend a couple days trying to clear all the sand from Walters eyes after going to the beach since he loves to flip for throwing sand. My wife decided to try a set of goggles designs for dogs. He gets so excited and focused on catching sand, he didn't seem to mind the goggles at all...

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0WtzWR_ROBFqksXo-_xa4Z-Ug
Mine has Doggles for rides in car. Great invention.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,280 Posts
Found this picture of Dominick my son and Missy.
It was about 7 years or so ago.
Missy had wondered on the lot.
Mauled by Racoons and left for dead.

By her dirtbag owners.
We had adopted her this is after she had recovered from her wounds.
Very sentimental photo for me just wanted to share.
Actually that is not the whole truth.
My best friend and partner Frank had found her.
I was working on a car and he came and got me.
It was a fridgid Jan morning.
We wrapped her up in a sheet and bought her to a Vet.
Then animal control told us that it was a month and they had to put her down.
So i took her one of my better choices!

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,280 Posts
It’s a hell of a story. Maybe I get a chance to become friends with Missy some day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am certain you shall.
Missy loves people.
Any friend of mine is a friend of hers.

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
Nitro waiting for rain to arrive

View attachment 306055
We had a pet that was terrified of storms and would start shaking an hour before it started raining. My wife had found him abandoned, running across the road in front of her car durning a thunderstorm
on her way from work. He hid in a ditch and she rescued him. She went to three houses in the rain asking if anyone knew the dog. When I arrived home she had taken him to the vet and had him checked over, vaccinated and bathed for flees. he was always afraid of rain and storms, he would shake in the closet and my wife would stay with him and hold him until he calmed down.

·
Super Moderator
17,036 Posts
We had a pet that was terrified of storms and would start shaking an hour before it started raining. My wife had found him abandoned, running across the road in front of her car durning a thunderstorm
on her way from work. He hid in a ditch and she rescued him. She went to three houses in the rain asking if anyone knew the dog. When I arrived home she had taken him to the vet and had him checked over, vaccinated and bathed for flees. he was always afraid of rain and storms, he would shake in the closet and my wife would stay with him and hold him until he calmed down.
My dog is the same way. The rescue found her out in a storm. She used to run downstairs at the hint of thunder. But now she's pretty old, almost 15, and she doesn't do steps very well. So won't with all the dog ramps I've built, I also built her a dog cave in the back bedroom. I was afraid she'd tumble down the stairs and fubar herself.

·
Super Moderator
17,036 Posts
Our state stocks Quail on 2 wildlife management areas. Native Quail are off limits

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Hope they're not like our stocked pheasant. Most of em you gotta kick em in the a$$ to get em to fly. Sometimes literally.. lol

I've never hunted em with a dog so that may be different. Doubt it but maybe..

I drive by my old grouse hunting places. Used to be all pine trees and grape vines. Now they're upscale housing developments or fracking property.

Seems like every place I used to hunt, the original owners died and the kids sold the property or the gas company made em an offer they couldn't refuse. I don't blame em but I wish the gas people would take down your tree stands and call the number so I could go get em before they plowed it over. Lost a hang on and two double ladder stands when they plowed an access road. They weren't supposed to bulldoze that section of woods cause it ran a fence line. But they did anyway. The owners said they ran a whole new fence plus gave em a check. He hooked me up with a couple stands so it all came out in the wash, but it's still annoying. Gonna be rough finding a place to hunt in another ten years

1021 - 1040 of 1098 Posts