Cigar Forums banner
1001 - 1020 of 1098 Posts

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,280 Posts
Made a pulled pork today.
As usual MISSY Staked her claim.
3 helpings boy she can eat GOD bless her!

Attachments

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,214 Posts

I don't worry about my girls when I'm gone from home. Not one bit.

Brown Dog is a full-timer of course, while White Dog is a foster, doing his best to make a case for a longer stay. If there weren't two more in the yard already, I'd be tempted to let him stick around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,280 Posts
This morning was breakfast Brooklyn Style .
Of course Missy was invited.
Peace to all!

Attachments

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,280 Posts
Missy is not to crazy about the not quite IPA.:vs_laugh:

Attachments

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,280 Posts
Spring is in the air and you couldn't pry MISSY of the deck with a crowbar! :vs_laugh:

Attachments

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,280 Posts
My Buddy Jimbo snapped this pic of Missy.
He named it the attack Beagle.
And rightfully so very protective. :vs_cool:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
We had lost Molly a few weeks ago to bloat. I thought that was more of a livestock concern, but it's a very real thing for certain breeds and mixes of those breeds. She filled our lives for 13 years, and gave us so many great memories. She was incredibly empathetic, smart, athletic, and a great judge of character. She's sorely missed, and we laugh and cry at the many stories we have, and at reminders she's left behind.
Being people that always need to have an animal in their life, we adopted a new pup this past Friday. I think Molly would approve. This is Penny. She's a 3 1/2 month old, 30 lb. Black Mouth Cur/German Shepherd mix. I don't see the Shepard in her, but it's supposed to be there. At our first meeting she immediately took to all of the pets we could give her, and showed me her belly pretty quickly. She wasn't loved by her previous owner and actually removed from the home by our animal control.
Since Friday she's opened up so much, gained more confidence, plays well, and has started to feel more at home. I think the pics show her level of comfort already. Her protective instincts are as strong as her will, and we're happy to have her bond to us so quickly. At this pace she'll be wide open in a months time. She'll take some work, a consistent approach to training/socializing and all of the love we can give to earn her full trust, but there's a great dog in her waiting to come out. She's quick to learn and has gone since Saturday with no accidents inside. Sits depending on level of excitement. Shakes, and loves the frisbee. She forgot about the ball we started with since. She loves zooming around the yard and has discovered the scent of a cat that comes around now and then. For the cats sake, I hope it doesn't get lazy in our yard....

Sent from the lost and found looking for my mind.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,280 Posts
We had lost Molly a few weeks ago to bloat. I thought that was more of a livestock concern, but it's a very real thing for certain breeds and mixes of those breeds. She filled our lives for 13 years, and gave us so many great memories. She was incredibly empathetic, smart, athletic, and a great judge of character. She's sorely missed, and we laugh and cry at the many stories we have, and at reminders she's left behind.
Being people that always need to have an animal in their life, we adopted a new pup this past Friday. I think Molly would approve. This is Penny. She's a 3 1/2 month old, 30 lb. Black Mouth Cur/German Shepherd mix. I don't see the Shepard in her, but it's supposed to be there. At our first meeting she immediately took to all of the pets we could give her, and showed me her belly pretty quickly. She wasn't loved by her previous owner and actually removed from the home by our animal control.
Since Friday she's opened up so much, gained more confidence, plays well, and has started to feel more at home. I think the pics show her level of comfort already. Her protective instincts are as strong as her will, and we're happy to have her bond to us so quickly. At this pace she'll be wide open in a months time. She'll take some work, a consistent approach to training/socializing and all of the love we can give to earn her full trust, but there's a great dog in her waiting to come out. She's quick to learn and has gone since Saturday with no accidents inside. Sits depending on level of excitement. Shakes, and loves the frisbee. She forgot about the ball we started with since. She loves zooming around the yard and has discovered the scent of a cat that comes around now and then. For the cats sake, I hope it doesn't get lazy in our yard....

Sent from the lost and found looking for my mind.
So sorry to hear of your loss!
At the same time so happy to hear of your newest family member.
Best Wishes to you all may GOD BLESS!:vs_cool:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Rest in Peace, Molly. You will be missed and never forgotten.

Happy to meet your newest family member and may she be a blessing to your family and household.

·
Super Moderator
17,036 Posts
Sorry to hear about Molly. It's rough. But having broad chested dogs bloat is a very big thing. They do a stomach procedure that staples the wall of the stomachs to their muscles. Keeps it from flipping. The older the dog the more susceptible they are to bloat. When Loki was alive, it was a constant concern.

Glad the new pup is takin over the joint. Sounds like he's had a rough road so far. It's good he's found a couple great people to make him trust humans again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Sorry for your loss. May Molly always have green grass to run around in, lots of her favorite treats and toys in the dog heaven.

And congrats and welcome to the new member of your family. Looks like it's already a great transition for the pup. Looking forward to the pics of all the great time you will have together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1001 - 1020 of 1098 Posts