Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola' Sisters,
I'm posting a question for my sister-in law who has recently begun smoking cigars. I don't know if any of you have had this problem, and brothers, this thread is definately one for the Ladies, Go Play Pinball or something. :rolleyes: About a year and a half ago she had to have a Hysterectomy (sp?) due to severe Endometriosis (sp?). She was experiencing severe pain in the A$$, more specifically, the 'taint, before her surgery and she has been pain free since.
Now, after some time smoking and narrowing down the possible causes, she is convinced that whenever she smokes a cigar that leaves her with a buzz, it unfortunately leaves her with a return of the pain that she was experiencing before her Hys?????.... Surgery.
If you ladies would care to respond with any thoughts you may have regarding this problem or have heard of something similar she would like to know that maybe she's not crazy. Ok brothers, maybe one or two of you have a significant other who has had the same problem. If that's the case you can feel free to respond as well. I would hope that although
the sis-in-law doesn't read this forum that you would keep the jesting to a minimum as to hopefully give the ladies a chance to respond before driving them off with ignorant remarks. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You're correct, I am ignorant, but in the pure sense of being uninformed about ladies health. However, I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

I've worked in cardiac surgery for 25 years, and it is not uncommon for patients to complain of chest pain even though they have clean arteries and no heart damage.

Nicotine effects vary widely. She could be experiencing vasoconstriction affecting tissues, or nerve sensitivity and damage from surgery, exacerbated by smoking.

If she asks her physician, he will tell her to stop smoking immediately, and drop the issue. "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "Well, don't do that."

I'll see if any of the surgeons I work with can offer a solution. If I learn something I will PM you.

Joe

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I have to nominate this for Hall of Fame status! Club Stogie now dispensing female medical information?!? Never thought I would see the day. ;)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
see, ya let girls on the board and the whole da*n thing goes to pot!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aw C'mon Churchlady,
Don't get all excited CS isn't going to pot, this whole thing is about cigars.
High Times is about pot. I just thought I'd throw this in here to see if anyone here had stayed at a Holiday Inn.
I even got some insightful feedback from Heartpumper, yet I have no idea why it matters that this kind member has a background in cardiac surgery????? What's that got to do with the Holiday Inn? :r

·
Registered
419 Posts
Have to agree with Heartpumper, nicotine is a potent vasoconstrictor; when you break it down almost all chest pain is the result of diminished oxygenated blood supply to the heart muscle...reduce the pathway,reduce the amount of O2, although I have never heard of angina of the "taint" I wouldnt say with any degree of certainty that it isn't possible.Been in the ER long enough to never say never. As we say in the ER you cant make this sh*t up! Frank B

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input Ladies and Germs.

I'm by no means exempt from ignorance, That's probably why I didn't ask for advice from a doctor. Heartpumper, That reply about the Holiday Inn really went over my head, but it spurred a moment of pure hysterical laughter for me, it reminded me of an incident concerning the owner of the company I work for and my Boss. The owner is a relatively wealthy man and my boss was broken down in the middle of the night in a company vehicle. He called a tow truck and walked to a Holiday Inn and charged a room on the Company.
When my boss called the office in the morning the owner nearly flipped when he found out that he had booked such an "expensive" room.
Thanks again to all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.