Cigar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I enjoy a Cigar the most after a hearty breakfast, Pancakes and sausage or eggs, hashbrowns etc, (even Steak and Eggs) something about bulking up with all that artery clogging food sets a cigar off just right. Perhaps because this food is not too spicy, so the palate notices the subtle nuances of a fine cigar.

I tried a cigar after 4 star Thai Food once and I couldn't even taste it. Like smoking a Pall Mall.

What is your favorite food/meal/dish to smoke a cigar with?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Since I enjoy a more fuller bodied cigar, I usually prefer to smoke after a Rib-eye dinner.
My work hours vary, so generally, I smoke cigars anytime during the day. In general though, I enjoy cigars after a meal, and with a nice cup of coffee.
:w

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have to agree with you. I love having a cigar with some freshly roasted coffee after a nice breakfast. The taste buds have had all night to rest; and breakfast is usually not a spicy meal. If I had to pick some of my favorite breakfast foods to indulge in, I would have to pick a smoked trout omlet, rosemary roasted potatoes, nice thick applewood smoked bacon, eggs benedict, thick custardy french toast, bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon, biscuits and gravy.... that's all I can think of right now.:)

I would never think of smoking something light bodied after a dinner. It would have to be medium to full bodied. If I were to eat a tongue numbing, spicy meal such as, Thai, Indian, Jamaican, or something with habaneros or such.... I might not smoke a cigar at all if my tongue is still tingling. Even when I'm at herfs, I don't smoke as much as I want. I always have 10 cigars lined up for each day; but after 3 or 4, I always feel I would waste them.... unless they were really full bodied

·
Registered
623 Posts
Brandon said:
I would have to pick a smoked trout omlet, rosemary roasted potatoes, nice thick applewood smoked bacon, eggs benedict, thick custardy french toast, bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon, biscuits and gravy.... that's all I can think of right now.:)
Damm Brandon you pig, big enough breakfast? :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
I like having a cigar for breakfast. Strong black coffee on the side.

Meals- no contest. My all time favorite is prime rib. And taking an hour to eat it with all the trimmings.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
cigartexan said:
Damm Brandon you pig, big enough breakfast? :D
lmao! that's exactly what i was going to say... but then everyone would have said i was being mean spirited and well, my usual a$$hole self... good to see i'm not alone... oh oh, i guess that was mean spirited. where's phil? i need to be verbally punished :fu

but back to food... i don't like to mix food and smoke... i usually wait at least an hour after eating to smoke, or i smoke before i eat, or both. :cool:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nothing is as good as a strong cigar after a big meaty meal; on the other hand, a strong cup of sweet black coffee does set off any cigar nicely

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
My favorite meals would have to be when I am camping... big, full breakfasts w/ too much of everything... strong dark coffee right of of the fire. Lunch is usally skipped to enjoy a few cigars while fly fishing on the river... but then comes dinner. Big 16 oz steaks or prime rib, baked potatoes & about everything you could imagine... my friends are never hungry & always have a cigar in hand when they go camping with me.

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Hey Nero

Let's all go camping!!! Prime rib camping sounds good to me and then cigars, holy crap. There's something very grounding about a gorilla in the forest.

I prefer liquid meals with my cigars. Helps to wipe the palate clean between puffs and adds to any buzz that occurs from smoking. Haven't developed the taste for hard alcohol with cigars, yet. :al
SB

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Re: Hey Nero

SilvrBck said:
I prefer liquid meals with my cigars.
slimfast?

:r

only kidding... if anyone ever makes it up to the great pacific NW let me know. I'm out about every weekend camping or fishing during the spring/summer months...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Re: Re: Hey Nero

nero said:
slimfast?

:r

only kidding... if anyone ever makes it up to the great pacific NW let me know. I'm out about every weekend camping or fishing during the spring/summer months...
Hmmmm....

What do you usually go after...steelhead, salmon? I have a 9 foot 9 weight that I built years ago. I built it with the intention of going after bonefish, snook, or salmon. The outfit hasn't even touched water since I built it. Maybe I'll have to visit the NW to break it in:D

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Generally just rainbow trout fly fishing on the rivers & streams local to me but have gone for Salmon, Steelhead & Walleye boat fishing (not exactly exciting for me)... the rainbow are generally about 12-14" in length but I caught a few 18" late this year & they put up a hell of a fight. The best fly fishing Ive done though is off the Kootenai & Yak in NW Montana... if anywhere this is where I would reccomend.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
one of my favorite fishing holes is the new river in texas ... here's a blurb and a pic:

This river is infamous as the dirtiest river in the United States. It is shared by Mexico and the United States, flowing north from Mexicali across the border through Calexico and into the Salton Sea.

The New River is known for having very high levels of coliform bacteria, which are indicators of bacterial and viral diseases such as typhoid fever. Human feces, toilet paper, dead animals and even human corpses have been spotted in this river.

In February 1985, the U.S Geological Survey recalled its water sampling team, stating the health risks were far too high. This river is so dirty, airborne viruses are a threat. The New River has been a concern for over 50 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Re: Hey Nero

SilvrBck said:
Haven't developed the taste for hard alcohol with cigars, yet.
Try a rum and coke! Works for me!

Whiskey's not too long a stretch after that ... :al

1 - 19 of 19 Posts