Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
About a year ago I put some of my open tins into jars. A few weeks later I noticed some 'fog' or condensation or something in the jars. I assumed it was something temperature or humidity related. Yet here we are a year later and it's still there. The jars are kept my cigar humidor which is set at 65% and 68*f almost all year. I've searched around and it seems like I'm not the first guy that this has happened to. But I've yet to see a remedy.

You're all a wealth of knowledge here and as a newbie I'm pretty lost. Have any of you had this happen and figured out why? Or had any long term problems associated with it? So far the tobacco inside the jars smells and smokes just as good or better than the day I cracked the tin.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t smoke pipes but believe condensation isn’t a friend of the leaf.
Also, why do you need to take up valuable humi space with mason type jars? Just curious, friend.
Just hanging out on the bottom. I'd love to have this thing full, but the finances can only handle so much. Lol. So I'm one of the few guys with more humi space than needed for the time being.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Just hanging out on the bottom. I'd love to have this thing full, but the finances can only handle so much. Lol. So I'm one of the few guys with more humi space than needed for the time being.

Dang. ..I'm out.... That humidor is bigger than the one at my local b&m...

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Some of mine do that. But it isn't wet. It's like the film that forms on the inside of your windshield.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some of mine do that. But it isn't wet. It's like the film that forms on the inside of your windshield.
Exactly. Like, I'm obviously worried about mold and whatnot, but it doesn't seem to act like typical condensation per se. It's weird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts