Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I bought my first pouch (Amphora Original blend.) So I decided to put it in an air tight container. The only container I had on hand was one I had been keeping cinnamon in. So I washed it out fairly well by hand and put it through the dishwasher. I thought the smell was all gone, so I put the tabaccy in. Earlier today I opened it up to dip into it and to my surprise I was hit with the smell of cinnamon. I decided to give it a try and it was fantastic! I got some very mellow cinnamon flavour just under the taste of the tobacco.

So Naturally I'm wondering if any of you have ever tried adding some flavours to any of your tobaccos. Does anyone know how to do it properly? Did I just get lucky with mine?

Along the same lines, I was wondering if the alcohol I use to clean my pipes effect the flavour at all. I have some 12 year old scotch I could try for that or a few bottles of some real kick ass brandy. Happy smoking.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I haven't tried it, but I don't think it's a terrible idea, for the most part. Aromatic tobacco manufacturers case their tins with flavorings that are artificial, but food safe. Something harmless like cinnamon seems like it might not be a bad candidate for this procedure, but I'd watch out if I was going to try burning other stuff along with my pipe tobacco. You never know what you might find :hn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.