Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About friggin' time. Burned my first Cuban today; Boli PC from a box marked OSU-FEB 02. In the humi for about a month after transit. Finally got off my butt, since yesterday was such a waste of clean underware and what the heck...we live once.

Impressive coloring....very even and textured. Can't really describe the flavors. I CAN say it was infinitely smoother, cooler, and had more distinct phases than any non-Cuban I've had. More personality, seemed to have more filler, (maybe I haven't noticed this with NCs), much softer texture on the palate, (like I have one)...like an angel crying on your tounge.

Did it make me a crazed Cuban fanatic.. not yet, but I can see myself strapping on the ski bindings. Did it kick my
and call me Shirley...no. I CAN seriously say that I need to rethink future purchase strategy.

Scott"thesleeperhasawakened"M

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Uh oh!! Another one bites the dust!

188SLPRESLP

Scott you can call this number anytime for someont to help or even to just listen ... I know these things can escalate into serious habit forming issues! better seek help early!! :D

Welcome to the darkside. And it only gets darker!!

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Congrats Scott!! Maybe you will have a slower slide than some, but understand, you have started that downward slide, no doubt about it!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
The nature of the slope: You may fight to hold yourself from sliding further down, but you will never move an inch back up...

Great first habano Scott - one of my favorites.

·
Pickin a Winner!
1,195 Posts
RcktS4 said:
The nature of the slope: You may fight to hold yourself from sliding further down, but you will never move an inch back up...

Great first habano Scott - one of my favorites.
I am not much for the metaphor of a slippery slope, kind of overdone IMO, BUT I sure like the last point made here...no matter how you slide, you are never going back up. I thought that was completely appropriate and well put.

It's like that desert people-eating monster that Jabba throws Luke into...with the teeth around the rim pointing down. They are designed to keep you in the mouth of the beast and prevent any further rising up. Unless you have the force.
Also one of my favorite cigars.

G

·
Welcome and may your wallet endure. I often turn to the Boli PC or MC PC when I cannot afford to keep a stash of Cohiba Siglo IIs around... Please, let me offer this thought though, for about $3 a stick, an aged La Aroma De Cuba Corona Minor is an AMAZING non-Habanos alternative considering its' quality, changing flavors and cost. -Just a heads up. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome aboard, Dr. Wu, and thanks for the tip.

The college fund finished up about 10 years ago, Dave...it's the monthly financial aid payments that might get in a little late tho!

Scott"I'mtoobroketolikeCubans"M

1 - 11 of 11 Posts