Cigar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just returned from dinner with friends; poured myself about 3 fingers of Maker's Mark over ice and lit a Artuero Fuente Hemingway on my patio on a very sultry Arkansas night; would have enjoyed the experience much more if the humidity would have been about 30% less, but all in all not bad. Anyway here goes... The Hemingway is a good looking cigar,clipped cleanly, fired up easily with a soft draw, almost too soft, expected it to get hot, but it didnt. The first inch or so the predominate flavors were salt, leather, initially with a a moderate peppery finish with just a hint of sweetness, that was probably the Maker's Mark, but what the hell, it was nice anyway. The ash was light grey with the construction of the cigar evident in it's composition. After the first 2 inches all the flavors seemed to moderate; became smoother, less salty, less pepper on the finish. Smoked it to the ring; it did start to become mildly bitter by then, but I would smoke it again, and I would reccomend it without reservation. FrankB

·
Registered
258 Posts
30% less humidity? The cigar or the weather? The first can really ruin an evening;) :r

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HUMIDITY

Lord Hammer, HA HA HO HO! humidity in the south is unbelievable,mold grows as you watch, cant hardly keep a cigar lit. Her's a joke for you... what's the definition of relative humidity? Answer... when the sweat off your gonads drips on your sister-in-law; Cleaned it up just a little bit. FrankB

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have smoked a few Hemmingways and have enjoyed them.
I like them better than the Fuente Don Carlos. I found it medium body with a smooth, subtle sweetness to it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
:u :u Sounds like that Hemingway might have been little overhumidified. I have not smoked that many Fuentes, but for me they seem to smoke better if you leave them out of the humi for a day or so before sparking them.:u

1 - 6 of 6 Posts