Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like a pretty standard humidor, but then again it's my first.:confused: I was going to upgrade it with a digital meter and use a tube with the beads at 65% from heartfelt. Ive seen both of these sites mentioned here before and thought they would be safe and reliable to deal with.

Link to humidor:
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Mercha...75D&Category_Code=MDHUMIDORS&Product_Count=37

Have not bought anything yet, waiting to hear from some of the CS crew.

Thanks,
* FIRST POST *:chk

·
Scratching Itches
3,587 Posts
Thats a pretty decent humidor, very smart to upgrade to the digital hygrometer and the beads too. :tu

Problem is you are going to need a new one shortly :hn Damn this slope.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Looks nice, and you can live with a small Humi like that one for a while......especially around here. Just be really careful around that slick thing called the slope!
Dont forget to go to the newbie section and post an intro!
ANd welcome to CS

·
Registered
873 Posts
In my opinion, and based on my own experience, I'd pass on the humidor and do a tupperdor or coolerdoor. The investment is minimal and it would afford you more space right off the start. If you decide you're really into cigar collecting, then invest in a larger, better humidor. If you decide collecting stogies isn't for you, at least you'll have a nice cooler.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks nice, and you can live with a small Humi like that one for a while......especially around here. Just be really careful around that slick thing called the slope!
Dont forget to go to the newbie section and post an intro!
ANd welcome to CS
Posted in the "New Gorilla" section last night, but this was the first real post. I have received a friendly welcome here and like this forum alot, lots of good info also. thanks to all

·
gone forever
229 Posts
Looks to be a good starter humidor. It doesn't matter how big you go, it will never be big enough. I purchased a 50count humidor, about 2 months ago, and have already upgraded, but I still keep cigars in it. I have dealt with both retailers and have no complaints.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I purchased one a bit larger from cheaphumidors recently, and have been very pleased. I got mine from the "imperfects" section and saved a little money, but am yet to find a scratch or defect anywhere one it. Upgrading to the digital is a good idea, and the crystals have worked well for me. They offer a humidor curing kit, you should pass on it. The one they sent me was defective and didnt do anything at all. Just cure it yourself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They offer a humidor curing kit, you should pass on it. The one they sent me was defective and didnt do anything at all. Just cure it yourself.[/quote]

thanks for the tip, I was thinking about getting that kit

·
Registered
539 Posts
My first humidor was one of those. Pretty decent little humidor. Go ahead and save your money and get a vinotemp, because it wont be big enough for long.:2

·
Registered
233 Posts
I own this very humidor and have been using it for about 6 years. I have not had many issues with it once I got used to maintaining it.

I do not think it is too small, you just need a cooler to hold all of your boxes that you will inevitably end up buying. As I have said in prior posts, I stock this humidor with cigars for immediate smoking and the cooler has the long term storage in boxes. As I buy cigars I do a freeze cycle and then load them into the cooler. When the humidor has some space, I stock it from the cooler.

Best of Luck,
-EB

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
That looks like a good first humi, but I have to agree with the others, that you will quickly out grow it. It may be more cost effective to go with a cooler right off the bat. If you do get the humi I think you are way better off with the Digital Hygro and some beads. Have fun on the slope.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.