Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
F.O.G. with nice smokes
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kids loved the movie. Not enough action for me, but there were some great, "great" annimated action scenes. All in all, the plot was pretty predictable, there were a few things tossed in for adults to understand and get a chuckle. The kids will laugh their bottoms off the entire movie.

BEWARE, the first few minutes are pretty sad for little ones. ONLY part of the movie I will give up is, Nemo starts as one of hundreds of eggs. ALL the rest and his mother get eaten. The rest is funny as heck, for kids.

OPT

·
Registered
718 Posts
Saw this with my family this past Saturday.

The computer animation just keeps getting better and better. In some ways, it's so good, you forget that it's all computer generated and you take it for granted. Nearly the entire story takes place under the sea, and a good deal of it is near the coral reefs around Australia. The colors are incredible, the light and shadow effects which simulate the motion of the sunlight filtered through the waves were just amazing.

Yeah, the story can get a bit sappy in spots, but overall it was pretty good.

:sb Unless you have very young kids of your own, see it at a later show. I could not believe how many people brought their frickin' infants to see this, and then had to leave with the little brat howling because they had the s--- scared out of them. What the f--- goes through their heads, I want to know. OK. Rant is over. I feel better. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Took my kids to see it, both are three, so I may fit into the infants/toddlers category. The reason I took 'em: It's a kids movie.... They did OK, but they don't sit still for too long so they had to be calmed down a couple of times. Made it through the whole thing though. (Oh and we went to the matinee, opening day). The movie itself was OK. Animation was great, but I think Monsters Inc. was a lot better movie on a whole. I couldn't get past Ellen DeGenerres' voice on that one fish... it was like finger nails on a chalkboard.....

·
Registered
718 Posts
Matt R said:
I couldn't get past Ellen DeGenerres' voice on that one fish... it was like finger nails on a chalkboard.....
Did you know it was Ellen DeGeneres beforehand? I didn't know it was her, and actually got a kick out of that goofy, absent-minded blue fish. I'm not a big fan of hers, and I wonder if I would have enjoyed that character as much if I had known up front who was doing the voice.

You're right, the movie was meant for kids. I don't mean to come across as some crotchety old coot. Mine are 12 and 10 now, so most times we end up arguing about why they can't see the R rated flicks (ongoing debate right now about The Matrix Reloaded). But when they were much younger, I was not about to shell out $5 or $6 per head to end up leaving a film early because they got spooked by something. Just no way to predict how a little mind will react to the bigger-than-life stuff up on the screen. We mostly went the video rental route until my youngest turned 5 or 6.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
I think Nemo will be next for my 4 yr. old boy and myself. It will be his 2nd big screen movie.....The first being Piglets Big Adventure, which he handled fine, but I ended up screaming my brains out, my wife carried me up to the lobby several times! :r LMAOPMN..(rolling on the floor laughing my ass off picking my nose) rns

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Nope, I didn't know it was Ellen DeGenneres beforehand, but figured it out pretty quick. LMAO! Had a similar experience with Ice Age and Ray Romano.
this was the kids second film to go to. The first their Mom had to leave midway. I felt a sense of accomplishment that I made it all the way through. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts