Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try this again. Started coming here because of the football pool and was lucky enough to win one week. Couldn't believe that I got five nice Perdomo Estate selection cigars for winning without ever having an entry fee. I's a big football fan, especially college, as I am a SemiHole. Went there when they set the record for the longest losing streak in Div I. My how times have changed :D Started reading the boards and was impressed with the people here. I remember one guy in Texas looking for a local shop to buy cigars and some of the replys were directions to local shops in his town.. Who was the crazy guy that made the cigar coffee drink, Moki? LMFAO. You could get killed doing that man, nice prose though. And the Alfred E Newman guy and the coffee grinder in his garage. Funny dude. I enjoy the Avatars too, although I miss the one of the smiling baby that someone had, who was it? Mo the man? Smoked in college and started again a few years back. Do a lot of work at the Little League fields and guys started bring 'gars to smoke while riding the machines or as an excuse to lean on a shovel. BTW what does ":r " stand for? Thanks PDS :w

·
-
11,412 Posts
welcome aboard.

rofl = rolling on the floor laughing.

some add MAO to the end = my ass off.

i think there's a topic about all the acronyms around here.

glad to see another FF freak on the boards. if you're really into it, and want to play all year long, let me know.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Nope, no baby moniker here.

But, for a list of abbreviations, do a search for abbreviations and check out what The Rodster and Budman started.

MoTheMan

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
And BTW, (again), Welcome.

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ROFL

Now I get it. THe first thing is an R, I always thought it was an arrow... damn bifocals. I asume FF is fantasy football, which I've never played, but I sure do look forward to the pools that are like the ones run here. It keeps you interested in the scores and able to BS around the water cooler all week. Thanks for the offer though. Ya, I played Galaga until the cows came home on the old Amiga 1000 computer. Many wasted nights.

·
Trout Hunter
4,529 Posts
Going to try this again. Started coming here because of the football pool and was lucky enough to win one week. Couldn't believe that I got five nice Perdomo Estate selection cigars for winning without ever having an entry fee. I's a big football fan, especially college, as I am a SemiHole. Went there when they set the record for the longest losing streak in Div I. My how times have changed :D Started reading the boards and was impressed with the people here. I remember one guy in Texas looking for a local shop to buy cigars and some of the replys were directions to local shops in his town.. Who was the crazy guy that made the cigar coffee drink, Moki? LMFAO. You could get killed doing that man, nice prose though. And the Alfred E Newman guy and the coffee grinder in his garage. Funny dude. I enjoy the Avatars too, although I miss the one of the smiling baby that someone had, who was it? Mo the man? Smoked in college and started again a few years back. Do a lot of work at the Little League fields and guys started bring 'gars to smoke while riding the machines or as an excuse to lean on a shovel. BTW what does ":r " stand for? Thanks PDS :w
This my newb friends is the beginning of a meaningless existence on this forum we call Club Stogie. Old men with nothing better to do with their time. Why cant we just throw them in a home........"like the good old days".:D;)

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This my newb friends is the beginning of a meaningless existence on this forum we call Club Stogie. Old men with nothing better to do with their time. Why cant we just throw them in a home........"like the good old days".:D;)
AH, but the subtlety (man what hard word to spell) that is the internet. This was my hundreth post, not the beginning, the skypers only missed by 99 (however bad my first post was). As to the meaningless existence on this forum, and putting the old men in a home; think of this as a form of crowd control for all of us, they don't need to put any of us in the home b/c we are happily content chained to our keyboards, only taking respite to smoke a cigar and have a drink or two. What can I say, these are the good old days. ;)

·
BUGGER!!!!!!!
3,660 Posts
AH, but the subtlety (man what hard word to spell) that is the internet. This was my hundreth post, not the beginning, the skypers only missed by 99 (however bad my first post was). As to the meaningless existence on this forum, and putting the old men in a home; think of this as a form of crowd control for all of us, they don't need to put any of us in the home b/c we are happily content chained to our keyboards, only taking respite to smoke a cigar and have a drink or two. What can I say, these are the good old days. ;)
well said mate.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.