Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With box-coded CC's, if you have multiples do you reach for the oldest or the newest first?

More often than not, I find myself using up the youngest first in order to further extend the time already invested in aging the older ones. For example, I went to crack open a new box of Partagas Habaneros today. I have three full boxes, with production dates of '21, '18, and '17. Given that I've been smoking on another box for a while (that's now empty), these have been sitting in my humidors for anywhere from a year to almost three years, respectively. I went for the 2021's, though it was tempting to pick the 2017's. Five-years of age is probably about ideal for these relatively small cigars, but it's hard for me to overcome the feeling that I'm somehow "interrupting" them or casting aside the amount of time already devoted to aging them.

Is it just me, or does this make sense to anyone else?

Musical instrument Rectangle Office supplies Recreation Font

Reactions: Scap

·
Super Moderator
4,436 Posts
Depends on the cigar for me
I have a couple boxes of Lusi and I am pulling from the younger one
On the other hand if I open a box of crack sticks I just grab the oldest box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yeah that's about the same for me. The crack stick I had last night was from 2015 and was great. The 2020-2021 sticks have been so awesome and haven't needed much rest, so those have been what I'm pulling from usually (although CC consumption for me has been WAY down the past 6 months). With that being said, I probably should check out how some of the older stuff is doing. I haven't been in the CC game long enough to have anything get too old, but I'm also of the mindset that a CC is ready whenever it smokes good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts