Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your favorite non cubans? There are quite a few good ones, so I would like to here some other opinions.

Thanks

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Welcome mcease. I do have a favorite, CAO Brazilias. # uno and a great price. I like the Piranhas, Sambas and GIANT Amazons all equally........each is different as far as profile. The last batch I purchased had the darkest wrapper yet! Tried one and it is fantastic. Quality has gone up a notch, this bodes well. :w

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'll bet some of you already know what I'm going to say...

Torano Signature. I haven't had all the sizes in the line yet but the best I've had of the bunch is the Robusto. Just like the CAO Brazilias that relaxnsmoke is seeing, the robustos that I bought earlier this year are super dark with a nice oily sheen. Narry a draw problem. In fact construction overall is really nice.

Others I'd recommend (in roughly the same price point) in no particular order:
La Gloria Cubana
Henry Clay
Punch Rothschilds

·
Registered
66 Posts
My favorite Nons:

La Grolia Cubana almost any size, any grade in Natural
Padron almost any size, any grade in Maduro
Excalibur IV in Natural
Opas X any size
Chateau Fuente Sun Grown
VSG Corona Gorda
Davidoff Grand Cru NO.1, Millenium Robusto

:D :D :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
camacho corojo, with corona wrappers
Bahia Gold #2
La Flor Dominicana Double Liggero's
La Gloria Cubana Serie R(not maduro)

the store brand over here is excellant as well, all nicuraguan and great price as well.

·
Registered
200 Posts
number one favorite (better than many Cubans) Camacho Corojo Diploma; Camacho Corojos; Padron Anniversario; Padron 1926; La Gloria Cubana Serie R; Joya de Nicaragua Antano, Fonseca Limited.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Camacho Diploma Maduro is better than about 70% of the Cubans being made today. I have the fortunate career of being able to visit Casa Del Habano about once a month so I definately get my fill of Cubans. The fact remains that the Camacho Dipoma is hands down one of the best kept secrets around for the old cuba taste.

Let these suckers sit for about a year and watch them shine even more.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
dizzydog said:
The Camacho Diploma Maduro is better than about 70% of the Cubans being made today. I have the fortunate career of being able to visit Casa Del Habano about once a month so I definately get my fill of Cubans. The fact remains that the Camacho Dipoma is hands down one of the best kept secrets around for the old cuba taste.

Let these suckers sit for about a year and watch them shine even more.
Which of the 30% are better? I don't want to get stuck buying the 70% of Cubans that aren't as good as a Camacho. :rolleyes:

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
icehog3 said:
Which of the 30% are better? I don't want to get stuck buying the 70% of Cubans that aren't as good as a Camacho. :rolleyes:
:r Me either.
Anos 100's any size
Anejo's any size
Padron anni 26's, 64's maduro
My favorite cheapo is Tampa Sweetheart #500 maduro

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
icehog3 said:
:r Me either.

Please post a list. :)

I still like the Paron 2000 Maduro as a good everyday smoke.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have smoked a few Cubans but not enough to know a lot about them. Right now my favorite cigar, Cuban or not, is the 5 Vegas, in particular the Gold line. I just can't find another cigar that comes close to the taste and flavor that this one has.

Bill

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
icehog3 said:
Too late. Dave owns that 30% so there is no need to buy Cubans any more. You should just buy the macho Camachos.

Bananas!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts