Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favorite new band or new music from and old band?

I know there is a thread about what music people listen to but I'm looking for some new music here.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a few from me:

Franz Ferdinand
Magnetic Field (kinda new for most people)
M83
The Acrade Fire (so-so)
Dizzy Rascal (beats are great)
TV on the Radio

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
FunkyPorcini said:
What's your favorite new band or new music from and old band?

I know there is a thread about what music people listen to but I'm looking for some new music here.
Hey, your just under 30 right? Check out Chumley's Toy. Album is out Mar 4 and I got to preview a copy for the producer. Not bad! www.chumleystoy.com

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
galaga said:
Hey, your just under 30 right? Check out Chumley's Toy. Album is out Mar 4 and I got to preview a copy for the producer. Not bad! www.chumleystoy.com
I saw that thread. I'm curious about KMH's producing and the band. I'll have to download that off the internet as soon as possible. I kid. I'll check 'em out when the album hits.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
eef said:
If you like Alison Krauss or bluegrass, I highly reccomed a secret band I have discovered called "Crooked Still"... this woman has an enchanting voice, and the band is all strings- it's like Alsion Krauss but without the popiness. Seriously some great music. check out the web site
You like bluegrass eef?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I love bluegrass, I actually listen to it almost as much, if not more than i do rock. I like a variety of music... my cd selection usually throws people for a loop because it's like... ska, bluegrass, 80's rock, blues, punk, hardcore, amerciana... But I have a special place in my heart for bluegrass, I don't know why, but I love it.
-eef

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hmm...new music. I havent been listening to too much enw music lately. Here are some bands I have been listening to a lot lately...

Blindside - we played with them a few years ago, and I really like them now.

Arial Decline - I saw them play a few montsh ago, and I really dig them now. I bet none of you ahve heard of these guys though.

Boy Sets Fire - just got ahold of Tomorrow Comes Today. Not as good as After the Eulogy, but still a great cd.

Elliott - False Cathedrals is one of my alltime favorites. This is a semi obscure band that is very good

Victor Wooten - As a bass player, this never gets old

The Weather Report - just plain solid music.

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
TheSmokingHiker said:
Hmm...new music. I havent been listening to too much enw music lately. Here are some bands I have been listening to a lot lately...
Victor Wooten - As a bass player, this never gets old
Victor Wooten rocks. I have his album, What Did He Say. :bx

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
radar said:
One of my favorite movies. And if I had more hair, I too would be a Dapper Dan Man.
One of my favorites too, and none of my step kids or my daughter liked it, Ms.Floydp and I just fell in the floor laughing.

·
Registered
831 Posts
FunkyPorcini said:
I'll have to download that off the internet as soon as possible.
*eye starts twitching*

Seriously though, send me a PM and I'll fire off at least a few samples for you.

New music.. hmmm. Nothing has really knocked my socks off in a little while. Songs here and there. If we're talking new as in the past few years then;
Muse - Absolution
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Ok Go - Ok Go
tracks 2 and 10 Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth
tracks 1, 3 and 5 Maroon5 - Songs About Jane
track 4 Alter Bridge - Alter Bridge
track 2 Something Corporate - North

Older Artists new music:
Stray Cats - Rumble in Brixton. Not exactly new tunes, but new release, plus Brian Setzer just rocks.

·
Registered
662 Posts
lunaractive is #1, dudes!!! the rest can :fu
Nah I heard they suck

Blindside - we played with them a few years ago, and I really like them now.
HIKER! You serious? Wow i have been following Blindside since Tooth and Nail days, I am not too into their newest cd, but i have sen them live a couple times and I love'em. You played with them huh- that's so cool, you lucky lucky bastard.
-eef

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
KingMeatyHand said:
*eye starts twitching*

Older Artists new music:
Stray Cats - Rumble in Brixton. Not exactly new tunes, but new release, plus Brian Setzer just rocks.
Amen
Is he rereleasing with The Stray Cats or The Brian Setzer Orchestra?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.