Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a box pretty soon but I can't decide what to go with? Right now it's between the Monte#2, BBF, and Dip#2. I'm looking for one that ages well.

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
all 3 are good. I'd personally go with the monte#2. Have you ever had Upmann #2's? Similar, but a little different from the montes. I like em even better.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think I would go with the Upmann #2's as well. They seem to be more consitent than the Monte #2's. I haven't been real impressed with any of the BBF's I have had recently.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Hey,

Don't overlook the Sn Cristobal La Punta. One intenxe & flavorful little bugger!!

MoTheMan

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
P.S.

BTW, is

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women
a quote by Atilla the Hun?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Well I bought a Upmann2 yesterday that will be sleeping in my Humi for awhile. Never had the Mont2 two, but have heard pretty good things about them. Me I love the BBF, but I'm a Boli fan. SO I would say get those, but I don't have the expierence with the other two to make a fair comparison.

:pu

G

·
Don't overlook the upmann #2. It happens to be my favorite cigar period. They are great right out of the box and get way, way better with age! Next to the upmann the BBF is the way to go; very consistent with that big bold bolivar flavour.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Thanks for the Conan the Barbarian (i.e. Governor) quote flipflop.

DaveC, you got my mouth watering with your description of the Diplo2. Am gonna have to pick me up one or a couple to try (again).

MoTheMan

·
Registered
921 Posts
I prefer a little more strength in cigars.
My personal favorite is the Monte #2.
That and the BBF are the stronger of the bunch.
Next would be the Diplo followed by the H Up.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Bruce5 said:
I prefer a little more strength in cigars.
My personal favorite is the Monte #2.
That and the BBF are the stronger of the bunch.
Next would be the Diplo followed by the H Up.
So Bruce5, you think the Diplo and the Monte are stronger than the Upmann? I seem to think that the Upmann #2 is stronger than both the Monte and Diplo and a lot of the time stronger than the BBF, I have yet to have one that I thought was "strong".

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Bolivar is my favorite Brand but I'm not a huge Boli. Belicosos fan. Just a matter of personal taste. The Upman No.2 is more consistant than the Monte 2's, but there is a reason the Monte's are in higher demand and therefore don''t have as good quality control. When the Monte's are on, they are far better than an Upman (to my taste buds anyway). I would also recommend the San Cris. La Punta. Very smoothe complex cigar, med-strength.:w

1 - 20 of 23 Posts