Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a few AVO maduros over the weekend...Beautiful cigar, though I haven't smoked them yet. Question is, with several varieties, which is your favorite? I like a medium body at the least, so hit me with your suggestions. Looking very forward to smoking this beauty soon!

Brett

·
Registered
579 Posts
Avo Signatures....

...Very pricy, but after really getting into cigars, I need the extra flavour. If you need at least a medium body smoke, these fit the bill. The burn is always first class, too. (Probably the most consistent I've ever had, to tell the truth.)
If you can find any 77s, they're great as well, though a bit milder than the Signature.

I bought a box of the Legacy , Avo's 78th birthday cigar. I thought the first two I had were very nice, but the last few I've smoked have been a bit dissapointing. I'd say they are worth a try if you can find them, asthey are a solid medium body cigar.
Other than that, the Maduros you purchased are some of the best of the line -- and some of the best maduros on the market, period.

Avos were the first cigars that really got me addicted. I have kind of a sentimental affinity for them since my wife was the one who gave me the Robusto sampler pack that got me going.

ChiTwnSmoke said:
I bought a few AVO maduros over the weekend...Beautiful cigar, though I haven't smoked them yet. Question is, with several varieties, which is your favorite? I like a medium body at the least, so hit me with your suggestions. Looking very forward to smoking this beauty soon!

Brett

·
Registered
579 Posts
post a review after you try them....

I rarely hear people talk about Avos much, and often wonder if it's just me who thinks the world of them.

Another AVO that I think is great for a quick smoke is the Classic in the Cigarillo variety. They come in a tin of 10 for about 16 bucks. Alot of people find the Classic blend too mild, but the cigarillo version offers quite a kick, and really tastes like a real cigar.

Enjoy:)

ChiTwnSmoke said:
Thanks for the advice...Very informative. Those maduros I have in the humi are looking so tasty! :)

Brett

·
Registered
672 Posts
Re: post a review after you try them....

I really liked the AVO XO Intermezzo... They say its mild but I thought it had lots of flavour and was kind of med-bodied to me...

·
Registered
579 Posts
I often get the impression that....

...for some people if a cigar doesn't impart a certain level of pain it's considered mild. Whereas others are after the flavour and are happy to enjoy a smooth rich smoke sans pain. In reality, I've yet to have what I would call a "mild" Avo. A mild cigar to me is a Dominican Monte Cristo or maybe a Savinelli ELR (though that's pushing things a bit in terms of mild cigars)

El Rey del Mundo said:
I really liked the AVO XO Intermezzo... They say its mild but I thought it had lots of flavour and was kind of med-bodied to me...

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
I've only had one, can't remember which one it was. I got it through some add a popup maybe. CA's site, you pay the shipping kind of thing. I liked it. med flavor if memory serves me.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I like the classics and XOs, very nice mild cigars. Best construction I've ever seen, I've yet to get a bad burn after smoking several boxes of them. They are mild in strength but very flavorful, unlike other mild cigars where it's like your just puffing air...

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I have only had a couple.......an AVO classic churchill which I was totally unimpressed with (tasted like a "typical" mild Dominican to me) & a Domaine #30 that was a real buttspanker.....med/full with lots of flavor.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I like the XO Intermezzo the best but I also Like the Maduro. I have not had an AVO in about 5 months. They are never really my first choice.

G

·

magno said:
I rarely hear people talk about Avos much, and often wonder if it's just me who thinks the world of them.

Another AVO that I think is great for a quick smoke is the Classic in the Cigarillo variety. They come in a tin of 10 for about 16 bucks. Alot of people find the Classic blend too mild, but the cigarillo version offers quite a kick, and really tastes like a real cigar.

Enjoy:)
I don't have many folks ask for Avo's either (I work in a smoke shop) but the cigar that really got me hooked a while back was the Avo #2 Maduro. Since then I've smoked the #3, Rubusto both in maduro and the rubusto definetly had a nice flavoring. This past weekend I tried their XO Intermezzo and loved it. It's very, very nice! I turn folks on to Avo's every chance I get......

skydiver

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I had my first AVO, a Domain 20, yesterday. Nice medium smoke with good flavor. Firmest ash I've seen in a while, it never fell off. Great short smoke.

GoatLocker

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging with Avo for a couple of hours back in October. He was at the cigar shop that I frequent, for a scheduled appearance. Just a very classy and gracious gentleman. Hearing some of his stories, while sitting around bullsh*tting and smoking cigars, was just too cool. He may be getting up there in years, but he still has that glint in hs eyes. It was a wonderful evening, nothing over-the-top, but one that I'll never forget. I'm not sure how often he does this sort of thing, so do yourselves a favor. If any of you guys ever get the chance, by all means, make room on your schedule.

John

·
Registered
368 Posts

skydiver said:
I don't have many folks ask for Avo's either (I work in a smoke shop) but the cigar that really got me hooked a while back was the Avo #2 Maduro. Since then I've smoked the #3, Rubusto both in maduro and the rubusto definetly had a nice flavoring. This past weekend I tried their XO Intermezzo and loved it. It's very, very nice! I turn folks on to Avo's every chance I get......

skydiver
Welcome to the Jungle! Avos were one of the first cigars I started smoking on a regular basis. I puff on a Domaine Series from time to time. I have some Avo 77s that are pretty tasty. If I reach in my locker for a non-cuban stick right now, chances are that's what I'm going for.

·
Sneaky Bombin Bastage
2,569 Posts
I won a box of AVO Domaine #10 from SMOKE magazine back in Jan. Very nice cigars; flawless construction, razor sharp burn, lots of smoke, medium body. Nothing really wrong with these, I just prefer a more full body smoke. I've only smoked a couple maduros and can't really remember what they were like. May have to give them another look see.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.