Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any fantasy football players here? If so, how did you do in your league this year? I lost in the first round of the playoffs for the second straight year! :mad:

·
-
11,412 Posts
dont get me started...

okay, i'll start.

4 keeper leagues on fanball.com
team 1 - 2 time defending champ, lost in the playoffs after being the #1 seed.
team 2 - #1 seed again, lost 138-141 (average ppg for most teams is in the high 80s - mine was 95).
team 3 - #1 seed yet again, won the SB.
team 4 - #1 seed, only lost 1 game all year, won the SB.

4 dynasty leagues on http://dynasty.efsports.com/ (leagues are only for the hardcore FF guys, 53 man rosters, all year long, real FA, real RFA, trade players/picks, etc.)
team 1 - took over this crap team before last year, it improved to 8-9 from 6-10-1 the year prior, looking good for next year (which starts in the middle of Jan).
team 2 - lost in the SB, i won it last year. started the wrong guys since i was in germany and didn't have access to updated injury reports.
team 3 - i started off fresh last year, went to the playoffs, but this year my team got hammered by injuries and down years, was the worst team in the league... ah well, but lookin good for next year.
team 4 - i took over a crappy orphaned team when it was already mathmatically eliminated... cut 13 guys the first day i owned it, put in numerous FA bids on young rookies who are starting and playing well now, or will start next year.

16 team dynasty league i was invited to last year after the orig. owner left. team stinks, there's nobody left in FA with 16 tms..
still, i won my division, went to the playoffs and lost.

12 team 1 man keeper league i was invited to... 1 pt per catch, my RBs sucked azz all year, but i was pushed to the championships with tony G, randy moss, s. smith and D. mason.. picked up j. plummer late in the year off waivers, he was injured a the time. bledsoe started off hot... was the #1 seed in there as well, won the SB.

i also play in 1 pick'em league and salary cap league with a couple of guys for free on ESPN, won both of those... i use to be really good at the salary capped leagues. i won a t-shirt from sandbox.com about 4-5 years ago for finishing #18 out of 96k+.

i use to play in about 14-16 lgs a year, but with those year long dynasty leagues, i only REALLY play in those and the 4 keeper leagues on fanball.com. the others i was invited and figured would be fun...

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! How do you have time for so many leagues?!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Let me guess.....no life, never gets laid, never does anything. Am I close? LOL

:pu

·
-
11,412 Posts
in case you all couldn't tell, coppertop is a buddy of mine (co-worker)..
corksuckin bastage..

(and he's never seen the movie "johnny dangerously")

no, my work is kinda lax when i'm not doing anything. but when we're busy, we're busy...

the dynasty leagues run pretty much all year. we start FA and RFA bidding by feb. we do our 7 round rookie draft normally around may/june...

then, the dynasty leagues don't open up until late july, the drafts are done in august...

they're just spaced out just right.

btw - coppertop can let you know that i'm not foolin about my teams and how they finish. i run our work keeper league, the one i finished with only 1 loss.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Man I keep getting ragged on for never seeing "johnny dangerously"

Yeah IHT kicks some serious ars when it comes to FF. Can't tell you how much he has helped me. Even though it didn't do much good last year. I had one more win then he had losses in our league.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Yeah I hope your right....depends on my draft.

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
I ended up finally winning the superbowl this year (after losing in the championship several times!!) Needless to say I had no life the past few months! I love it though - couldn't imagine going through a football season w/o fantasy.

My Team: (12 man leauge)
QB - Johnson, Pennington
RB - Portis, Taylor (Bennett, Jones too)
WR - Holt, Steve Smith, Coles (McCareins too)
TE - Pollard
K - Longwell
DE - Rams, Bills

·
-
11,412 Posts
smokem,

nice squad. i don't want to take up a page with all my rosters...

s. smith was a nice sleeper for you, i actually drafted him in that league where you get 1 pt per reception (lucky call on my part).

sucks that coles went in the crapper after his blistering start... i wonder how the 'skins will do next year with a new coach, healthy ramsey and HOPEFULLY ladell betts at RB... not to mention a healthy and improved OL to block... they have the QB, RB, and 2 nice WRs... just need 'em all to stay healthy and to get an OL.

·
-
11,412 Posts
for those that can't get enough...

there's a site i play on, it's not for the timid or casual fantasy footballer...
it's called EFS , and it's ALL YEAR LONG!!

so, while your league just finished, i've got 4 leagues that are JUST STARTING for this coming year!! we're already trading, doing FAs, and on feb 1st, we'll start with RFAs.
it's a total dynasty format. you have 53 man active roster, 5 man practice squad, salary and contract caps/penalties, a 7 round rookie draft... all kinds of positions score, you start 24 guys every week (11 of O, 11 on D, a P and K - yes, even 5 Offensive Lineman).

there are orphaned teams available now for leagues that are just waiting for 1 team to be purchased, then they can start in on all the fun for the year...

well... if you're up to it, here's a place where you can play all year now, not just 4 months. you can take on a very bad team and try to rebuild it (that's what i'm doing with 2 of my 4 - and having a blast).

i had more fun in 2 weeks of owning my first team (in may of '02), than i did the entire year prior with ALL my teams, i bought a 2nd orphan... it was the offseason!!! i had more fun, more things to do than a simple redraft or keeper league... and if those have gotten too easy, like they did for me, here's the next step up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I came in second in the Gorilla Football League this year. I thought for sure that I had a winning team, but Deuce McAllister went in the tank during the Championship week game. Never fear though, the Skid Marks will be back again next year to go for the crown.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.