Cigar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They seem to have good prices to start with, plus another 15% off for us Puffers who spend $50 or more. Any thoughts to share?

Reactions: Abbies

·
The Karate Squid
10,410 Posts
Famous is one of the good guys. Great product, incredible prices, and good peeps working for them. I've only ever had a couple issues (and I've ordered quite a bit over the years), and they've always been dealt with fairly and quickly.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Always have had good luck with them. Excellent pricing as well.:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
21,264 Posts
Always good experiences. .if you download cigar monster and wait for the mash up you can get some great prices and free shipping.

·
Super Moderator
21,264 Posts
Go to the app store or Google play. Download cigar monster. They run hourly specials for cigars and accessories. Twice a day they do a mash up for an hour for most of the deals they ran throughout the day ,plus a bunch more. .usually 100 deals, twice a day. . If you get it turn off the sound because it makes a monster noise when you open the app. Kinda puts a damper on stealth missions once she finds out what the sound is.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool! I just order three fivers from Monster. 5 CAO Cameroons, 5 CAO Cx2 (Cameroon wrapper and binder), and Perdomo Champagne. Total cost $47.55. Free shipping even....

·
Registered
694 Posts
They are my go to store- good stock in hand, great price point and with their email coupons- cannot go wrong!!

·
Old Enough to Know Better
315 Posts
The FSS B&M is the best B&M I have ever patronized. Who else has a wide selection of Opus X sticks on display and on sale at MSRP? Plus, buy 5 and the 6th is free! Try to beat that deal anywhere.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Famous is my first choice. Great prices, discount and quick shipping.
You can get to the cigar monster from the app or on the site. There are set times each day (1 hour in am and pm) where it lists all the deals from the day so you have plenty to choose from. And then a couple days a week where they have a large list all day long. The discount works on cigar monster purchases so they become really good deals when you add that in. And most cigar monster purchase include free shipping.

Now here's an enabler's tip.... and if you time your purchase right you can get some great deals
You can order anything from the regular website, then go to cigar monster and add in a product there and you get the discount and FREE SHIPPING on your entire order.
If I'm ordering regular product (yes, sale stuff as well) I time it so I do it when they have the large list as I can always find a fiver I like or want to try and it gets me free shipping on everything. And that fiver from the monster that is marked down, plus the discount and the free shipping becomes really cheap.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yep, the Mashup is great. The prices there are often lower than the same product starts out at the Auctioneer site. Plus, you don't ever get free shipping or the additional 15% discount for a $50. min. purchase on an auction purchase.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Yep, the Mashup is great. The prices there are often lower than the same product starts out at the Auctioneer site. Plus, you don't ever get free shipping or the additional 15% discount for a $50. min. purchase on an auction purchase.
Agree on all counts Steve. The one thing I wish is that they would change up the product more often on the monster and I've given that suggestion to Ryan.
They run the same core product all the time and toss in a few different things each time but you have to be able to find something you like and that can sometimes be tough.
You sound like you watch it alot - you agree ? (and hoping that my man Ryan is peeping this thread :pop2:)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Agree on all counts Steve. The one thing I wish is that they would change up the product more often on the monster and I've given that suggestion to Ryan.
They run the same core product all the time and toss in a few different things each time but you have to be able to find something you like and that can sometimes be tough.
You sound like you watch it alot - you agree ? (and hoping that my man Ryan is peeping this thread :pop2:)
Ja, I watch it every day, which is one reason why my house looks like a cigar store. I about burned out on the Auctioneer site, because the starting bids are often too high (higher than Mashup), and the shipping cost. Slowed way down on C Bid too, because fools are bidding the items up higher than they could get them for, just by ordering from the regular sites.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Ja, I watch it every day, which is one reason why my house looks like a cigar store. I about burned out on the Auctioneer site, because the starting bids are often too high (higher than Mashup), and the shipping cost. Slowed way down on C Bid too, because fools are bidding the items up higher than they could get them for, just by ordering from the regular sites.
Oh yeah - agree with you on cBid. It's like they don' bother to check prices at all. Auctioneer has it's uses, but only on certain cigars. Bottom line is you have to look around at everything as much as you can and be aware of the prices and deals.

·
Old Enough to Know Better
315 Posts
Oh yeah - agree with you on cBid. It's like they don' bother to check prices at all. Auctioneer has it's uses, but only on certain cigars. Bottom line is you have to look around at everything as much as you can and be aware of the prices and deals.
I get a chuckle when prices get bid up on a "regular" auction when the exact same item is simultaneously on "Free Fall" and can be had for a lower price. Immediately.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I get a chuckle when prices get bid up on a "regular" auction when the exact same item is simultaneously on "Free Fall" and can be had for a lower price. Immediately.
Yep or when the bid is more than the regular CI price. Don't see that as much on Auctioneer but every once in a while...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Famous is my first choice. Great prices, discount and quick shipping.
You can get to the cigar monster from the app or on the site. There are set times each day (1 hour in am and pm) where it lists all the deals from the day so you have plenty to choose from. And then a couple days a week where they have a large list all day long. The discount works on cigar monster purchases so they become really good deals when you add that in. And most cigar monster purchase include free shipping.

Now here's an enabler's tip.... and if you time your purchase right you can get some great deals
You can order anything from the regular website, then go to cigar monster and add in a product there and you get the discount and FREE SHIPPING on your entire order.
If I'm ordering regular product (yes, sale stuff as well) I time it so I do it when they have the large list as I can always find a fiver I like or want to try and it gets me free shipping on everything. And that fiver from the monster that is marked down, plus the discount and the free shipping becomes really cheap.
Just in case your "enabler's tip" needs more juice, >:) if your trip to Famous goes through Ebates(dot)com you'll get money back, too.

Reactions: Cigary and WNYTony

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've quickly noticed this too. Good stuff - don't get me wrong - but it's always the same to the point that it's almost predictable. Seems like at least 75% of any Mashup is restricted to a small handful of brands.

Reactions: WNYTony
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.