Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I'm pretty new to this forum and was wondering if anyones got some really good ways to identify fakes?

I've been reading too much about fakes and been ripping through my boxes inspecting them! My HDM Petit Robustos seem to have failed! Square cut on the top right cedar insert! Not... concave.

If there is any resident expert with good tips for me on how to spot the bad ones I'd appreciate it? I'd hate to do a box split or sell a box of crap to anyone!

All my others seem to pass everything I can find on-line (but need factory codes!) Most of the Cubans I have are SFX and JNL at the moment? Any good web sites I'm missing for recent box codes?

I'm going to be picking up quite a few boxes over the coming months and don't want too stock my humi with junk only to find out later.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They taste great! But I am a newbe to Cigars so still learning.

I've sent 3 (Robusto, PSD#4 and Edmundo) boxes to my brother in law in Canada as he's a big cigar guy and he's loved them (except one box was sitting around in my place here for a bit too long before I got my humidor and was a bit dry) You'll be happy to know they have been rejuvinated and been smoking nicely.

No concerns from him about authenticity and he has brought them by his local Habanos distributer for verification.

Also just noticed that the band is slightly larger (fatter) on the Petit Robusts as opposed to the (3) boxes of Epicure #2's I have. This I'm assuming should not be?

If I can figure out how to downsize a few pics I'll put them up but right now they are too large to attach.

Maybe I'll bring them by a smoke shop here but.... problem is no one speaks any English in this town.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts