Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few weeks ago I (with the help of mrgatorman) purchased a whole box of Graycliffs Professionale on CBid, the Quickbuy price was incredibly nice, 150$, considering the same box cost 275$ at Atlantic.
Today I decided to light my first one, it was just a combination that I put another Graycliff Professionale bought at my local dealer near the one I was going to light....I got shocked...
The one I purchased at my local store have few differences on the label, first of all it have the writing "Avelino Lara" over the 5 stars and second all the embossments are a lot more marked then the Cbid one; third the writings on the sides of the label "Handmade" and "Nassau Bahamas" are smaller then the Cbid one. And all the 25 sticks in the box are the same, missing the writing and very very light embossments.
I checked on the official website and all the Professionale have the writing "Avelino Lara" on them.....did I purchase a fake box of Graycliffs from Cbid?:sweat:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think you might have just got an older Graycliff. Within the past year they changed their box and packaging, so they may have changed the band as well. If you look on their site the Expreso and Candela don't have the Avelno Lara under the starts (and to the best of my knowledge these two cigars are an older line). Site with pictures: http://www.graycliff.com/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=127&op=page&SubMenu=

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man Giak...I hope the hell not. Should I send an email to Cbid?
Dont worry Bill ;)
Yep maybe its just like Mark said, I smoked one right now and I feel like it was a real Graycliff with awesome draw, perfect burn and taste, probably its an old box:) I think we can consider it solved :D

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Id have to agree. Cbid has done this before. They are trying to get rid of older stock. I got a box of crystals from 04 for 150 in the presidente size. I smoked one with a buddy a few nights ago and it was fantastic.

·
Genie of the White Gin
1,478 Posts
Now isn't that just like them sending out pre aged cigars. Some companies try and charge more (JR) for "Vintage" cigars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.