Cigar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

first off, if this is against the rules, please forgive me but it seems like its only against the rule to talk about websites that provide cuban cigars...

anyways, I ordered a box of Cohiba's from a reputable website who is known for providing real cubans. Ive ordered 3 times from them, and 2 instances were fantastic.

However I ordered a box of Cohiba Siglo II's and was pretty disappointed. I was wondering if you guys with experience could tell me what to look for in a fake box...

The box had the republica de Cuba stamp bend right at the shield. Came with all the certificates etc, the sheet of spanish cedar had a rounded cut, not a straight one... the cohiba bands have 3 full rows of white boxes and finally the cigars are triple capped. However, when I inspected the cigars, they werent in the best condition. Some seemed squished like there were heavy cigars on top to the point where they never became rounded again

When I smoke them, I can get a hint of the cohiba flavor but theres a really harsh smokey taste to them. Are these good fakes or is it just some poor quality control issue?

thanks for any advice!

· Money Never Sleeps
3,306 Posts
Def got to post some pics of the cigar. Try and get a close up of the band on the cigar, as well as all angles of the box as well. Then we may be able to help you try and determine if they are fake or not.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my bad about the pictures...

I have to head out soon but i'll try to get them up tomorrow. Unfortunately, I was overseas when I got the box and had to throw it out because I didnt have room in my luggage. But i'll try to snap a few photos of the cigars tomorrow and figure out how to put them up.

· Banned
18,523 Posts
Start searching for info that will teach you to spot "fake" Cubans as sometimes even with pics it's hard to make a definitive decision.

Start here:
The Ultimate Counterfeit Cuban Cigar Primer

Cuban Cigars how to spot fakes

If you know that the "place" you ordered from before is LCDH approved then you can probably rest easy. However there are unscrupulous vendors out there who prey upon those who want cubans.

· Registered
6,912 Posts
Hi everyone,

first off, if this is against the rules, please forgive me but it seems like its only against the rule to talk about websites that provide cuban cigars...
I am sorry, but it clearly states not to talk about Habanos in the description on the home page.

Join us for a lively discussion about anything and everything in the realm of cigars. If you have a specific question or want to discuss a topic that does not fit into our specialty categories, drop us a line here. Discuss what you are smoking right now, ask what cigar others prefer, and more. DO NOT Discuss Habanos cigars in here.

However, you also do hot have access to the Habanos section as you have not been on Puff for 90 days with 100 posts. I am sorry but I am going to have to close this one up.

Important: 90 Days and 100 Post Rule

You must have been a member of Puff.com for at least 90 days and you must have at least 100 post before you can post a new thread (or reply to a thread) in this section.

Those that have already created threads prior to 1/21/10 that were under the limit will still be able to respond to the threads that they had already created. No one else will be able to create new threads (or reply to a thread) until they meet the requirement above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.