Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
LineWalker
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this cigar reviewed in a recent cigar mag by a manufacturer called Exquisitos. It's a two-toned barber pole style Belicoso, 6.5 x 52. I looked all over the web and can't find it anywhere. I believe it's Dominican. It got great reviews, and it's pretty cheap. Anyone ever hear of this cigar?

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Several distributors are carrying a double & triple capped cigar now. I checked www.felipegregorio.com & came up empty handed for a belicoso.
Anyway, I know JR has some, also CI & Thompson's. There's got to be others.
Was this the name of the brand? Seems like you could Google it.

Sorry, I'm not much help.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Yep, I've heard of them, www.crowndavid.com. They are a Dominican manufacturer & sell only to retailers. I don't believe they are big enough, yet, to have their cigars at the bigger distributors, so they probably sell direct to smoke shop tobacco retailers. Their cigars certainly look interesting.

Damn you sickboy! Now you've got my curiosity aroused. I only checked out the home page on SJ Cigars, but will have to go back & check them out.

·
LineWalker
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you look at SJcigars homepage, they have a sampler pack with a picture of the barber pole Belicoso. That's the one I want, but it looks like the sampler pack is the only way to get it. Let me know if you find out anything else Kansas. I might just have to order, seeing as it's under $30 for the sampler (if my memory is on).
P.S. There's a review from Smoke magazine about this cigar as well. I don't put 100% faith into magazine reviews, but it's fun to read about this smoke. Sounds interesting.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I just called & ordered a coupla samplers. One was 3 Exquisito Corojo & 3 Gran Habana #5 Corojos.......$19.95.
The other was the Crown David International Sampler.....6 cigars for $24.95 & had a pretty good selection of the Crown David offerings (one Exquisito dos capas was in there), so we will see what they got.

You're the devil Sickboy! :mad:

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Another classic hook, line and sinker story brought to you by Club Stogie! :r
Actually im gonna order tomorrow LoL....

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
They have to have a good business model for sure: they started when the cigar boom ended in '97 and are still in business. Let us know what you think of them.

-Matt-

kansashat said:
Yep, I've heard of them, www.crowndavid.com. They are a Dominican manufacturer & sell only to retailers. I don't believe they are big enough, yet, to have their cigars at the bigger distributors, so they probably sell direct to smoke shop tobacco retailers. Their cigars certainly look interesting.

Damn you sickboy! Now you've got my curiosity aroused. I only checked out the home page on SJ Cigars, but will have to go back & check them out.

·
LineWalker
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now I'm gonna have to order so we can compare. I've had a few Gran Habano #5's and they were pretty solid (strong). I think I might want to try the #3, more of a medium bodied smoke. Keep me posted.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Sickboy said:
Now I'm gonna have to order so we can compare. I've had a few Gran Habano #5's and they were pretty solid (strong). I think I might want to try the #3, more of a medium bodied smoke. Keep me posted.
IMHO the #5 is a much better cigar than the #3. I've got a partial box of the Gran Robusto #3 in a humidor here somewhere.

PM me your addie & I will send you a couple & something else to round out a 5 pack.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Cigars are on the way mon. USPS 0301 0120 0006 7344 6432.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Recieved the samplers from SJ today. I must say they certainly look good. All belis & torps........here's what I recieved for $50.90 (shp included).

1. 1 Cuban Stock Classic
2. 1 Exquisito (double wrapped)
3. 1 Crown David Vintage
4. 1 Joya de Havana
5. 1 Chubby
6. 1 Nomi
7. 3 Exquisito
8. 3 Gran Habano #5

Will let em rest for a week or two & start posting my impressions on the Non-Habanos Forum.
It certainly would be exciting if these things taste as good as they look.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Jeff said:
Just saw this cigar in a new catalog I got. Looks pretty wierd. Can't decide if I like it or not. I think it would be a cool gift though.
SJ didn't tell me they had a catalog & I think the are the only internet vendor that stocks the Crown David stuff. Does someone else stock them? If so, who? I want to shop pricing, just in case this is a buttspanker.

There are several other companies making a dos & triple capa, barber pole type, cigar. Are you sure you are looking at an Exquisito by Crown David?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.