Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
F.O.G. with nice smokes
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that my e-mail account was either spoofed or hacked. "someone" sent out e-mails with the name of "[email protected]" the only differnece is the O&P&T are not capitolized as in my REAL e-mails. The spam also has Tobacco in the headline. Be assured, it was not me.

IF ANYONE GETS IT, let me know ASAP.

OPT

·
Registered
410 Posts
First Mhotek, now you. I wonder if it's the same slimeball...

·
F.O.G. with nice smokes
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure Tom. If it is the same person....all is well ;)

It has been a while, but my name was copied on Yahoo too. I have never, and will never use another isp with the OnePyroTec name.

I have done a virus check and nothing so far comes up on "my" PC. The main thing that I was affraid of, would have been if the same thing happened like with Drill. Someone had "used" his name, and sent out the BugBear virus in an e-mail. I had it, it was not nice. :mad:

Wayne

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
wayne- this type of thing has been going on in academia for quite some time. i get emails (w/viruses) from various colleague's and student's university addresses all the time... and likewise, they get them with my university address.

last year i got an email from the dean with an attachment saying i was to respond immediately. we have a unix server, so it was no problem... but i recognized the attachment as a virus right away. i called the dean's office and told them someone was sending viruses using their email address. the dean's sect'y told me she knew... i said, well why don't you send out a note telling everyone what's going on. she said she couldn't because their computers were down! :r

1 - 6 of 6 Posts