Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
8,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Introduction
I bought a box of these online last summer as a quick smoke and to try a Costa Rican cigar. They were short and sharp but gave a nice buzz with some real flavor character. Thought I'd smoke one that had been in the humi for about 6 months. Was in Alton IL yesterday and we drove to the west side of St Louis to Annie Gunn's for dinner. (Yummy) Smoked this little baby on the drive across town.

Pre-Light Ruminations
This is an oily dark brown almost black robusto maduro. A little rough and tumble looking. This one had gotten some nice tooth in the humi. It got some more when I went to cut it (forgot the cutter)..did an OK job and got the head off pretty clean. Had a nice orchard like smell to it.

Initial Thoughts
Traveling, so the torch is at home. Used some matches from the Pomeroy house. This cigar is a lot different than I remembered it. Used to be strong almost harsh. A little time has really changed the taste. I was getting black cherry almost from the first puff. Nice flavor mellower but full and rich.

Mid Burn Experience
The burn was perfect. No touch-up's. Putting out just the right amount of smoke and that black cherry taste is more prominent but not unpleasant. Some guy almost hit us changing lanes and I lost the ash while… ah communicating. Getting a nice little buzz going. Business was good to the mood was perfect for a nice cigar. Getting some Hawaiian flavor I remember from the college days. Nice memories, just kind of floating thru traffic.

Last Third
Got some spice here but not overpowering. Black cherry throughout. Still in the Hawaiian Isle's (I swear it tasted like good weed or at least what I heard that tastes like). Never got hot all the way down to about a ½ inch. Pitched it as we got to the parking lot.

Final Thoughts
This was a great little stick for the price I paid ( $3) was what was going thru my mind as it burned the fingers. About 45 minutes of smoking enjoyment. If you try them smoke one them let them rest for a while. It worked for me except I smoked 10 before they were resting.

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
Re: Estavan Cruz Robusto Maduro

Well I never got to smoke good weed. I might have to get some to see what it's like.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts

galaga said:
Well I never got to smoke good weed. I might have to get some to see what it's like.
They grow a lot of that around here.

I have a partial box of the Estavan Cruz maduros in a humidor & have found them to be very flavorful. Haven't smoked one in a while......might have to break one out this weekend.

·
Registered
904 Posts

You really gotta stop smokin cigars through a bong man :cool:

Great Review Excellent format too.

Read an article over the weekend that said you can actually get a buzz from cigars, but not from nicotine like most believe. It is from the high amount of lithium in the soil. The article was siting Cuban soil, but with some research found out this is true in almos all cigar groing soils in S. America and Dom Rep.

I thinkin my next venture might be to take the soil, and put it in cookies and sell em.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.