Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read FrankB works in ER. It reminded me of my great experience few years ago.

I visited Chicago for business with my fellows, and after work we of course knocked the door of the world famous pizza place Gino's, their original place. What a great place there!!! We were enjoying the beer, and at the moment when I saw our gorgeous deep pan pizza Gino's Special on its way to our table, on its way!!! coming closer, closer...

Next moment

I found myself laying somewhere in the dark. Then I realized a beautifull woman looking into my eyes, nose to nose. A beautiful face just an inch away...she asked me

"Is this your first time?"

What??? Oh my god!!! Gino's Special and a beautiful woman!!! Christmas and Thanks Giving!!! Wait, wait, maybe I have to choose Christmas OR Thanks Giving!!! And where the hell I am??? Where is the Gino's Special??? I considered for half a second, and decided to choose the woman. I was saying "Well, maybe the first time with you..." But she first.

"Is this your first time to faint?"

Yes, I fainted, fell off the seat, slept for 30 seconds and woke up on the floor of the Gino's.

I'll continue this thread no matter what the response is. Sorry you cannot stop it!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The woman was a customer at the Gino's sitting at the next table to us. She was a nurse(that area is a big hospital area) and was trying to help me out watching I fell down to the floor. God how fortunate I was a nurse was sitting next to me...

My fellow screamed at me

"Don't worry, don't worry, easy, easy. I took all care of it. Don't worry"

How fortunate I was I had a great colleague...He was trying to help me...He continued

"I've already changed all our orders to take out, so don't worry about the pizzas!! We'll be all right!!"

Seems like his concern was more about the pizzas than me...

Another customer there pointed on me and said

"You hit your head so hard to the floor!!!"

The restaurant manager came by me and said

"We've called the ambulance. Don't move and wait"

They were really helpful.

Two minutes later, we heard a siren came closer and stopped infront of the restaurant. I moved slowly, supported by the nurse and the manager and went out of the restaurant.

A huge red pump(or ladder or what so ever) was there.

NO, we need an ambulance, not a pump!!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Uh, don't mean to be nosy, but, what's the deal? Do you have any idea why you fainted? Or is this getting too personal?

Used to live in Chicago, within walking distance of Gino's East for awhile (consulting contract, lived on Rush St. Woo hoo! What a place). Both of my kids were born at Northwestern Memorial, just a few blocks from there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
drc,

You hit the point. At the next episode, I was exactly going to be carried into the Northwestern Memorial ER. Just a few blocks, that's the point. Why I fainted? I cannot disclose any more story of the next(or the final) episode.

By the way, yes, Rush Street!! I couldn't recall the name of that angled street where Gino's is located. Thanks!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Actually, the Gino's I used to go to was on Superior St. It's been a long time since I've been back to Chicago. I miss that town. Would move back there in a heartbeat (if I didn't have kids, wife, mortgage, yada yada yada...)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, Chicago is a great city indeed. This thread is all about how I enjoyed the day in the life of Chicago. I love everything there except for the -30F windy nights in the winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts