Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking the cigars my parents brought from Cuba out of their tubes to put in my humidor and I noticed on one of the H.Upmanns there was a little spot on the wrapper. It was a light colored spot. It almost looked like a tree when it loses some of its bark. What is this?

Second, almost all of the bands on the H.Upmanns are a little loose. Should I be worried about them being fake or is that due to the fact that they are over four years old?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ric, If I remember correctly the Upmanns are 98s. Poker's right (DUH), but sticks shrink a little as they get older. Even if after they've been in your box for a while and the bands are still loose, that doesn't necessarily mean they're fakes. HOW DO THEY TASTE? That's the main thing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
those could be affected by the rare armelie fungus, you should send one directly to me so that i may test it.........i am an expert in cigar fungus, if it is infected you may grow moss on the palms of your hands...........:p

·
Registered
271 Posts
ilikecigars said:
those could be affected by the rare armelie fungus, you should send one directly to me so that i may test it.........i am an expert in cigar fungus, if it is infected you may grow moss on the palms of your hands...........:p
he's lieing.... i'm the fungus expert HEHE

ryan

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I chose not to do my Post Doctoral Fellowship on cigar fungus because they tend to be statistically rare. It is in all probability a bacterial infestation which is far worse. If you send a stick, I will be more than willing to test it for the bacterium moochahyourupmann.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts