Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
-
11,412 Posts
Re: El Rey Del Mundo Gran Corona

nice review...
unfortunately for me, i haven't found many ERDMs that i've liked that much.

·
Banned
8,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Interesting what a little time does. Braved the storm to come up to the office and smoke one. Cracked an 01 box that has been buried for a while. I've had good luck with the RSE 01 box codes in terms of quality of roll and leaf.

If Moki put one of these in the Fredster taste challenge even Fred would have nailed in the first 3 puffs. :D Rich, sweet, woodsey cling to the mouth and tongue aftertaste that is nice.

I think the dark lord was saying good things about these and I bought a few boxes. Pretty good advice if you ask me.

·
Registered
21,743 Posts

I like these an awful lot. I have a few 01 boxes with different wrapper shades and find quite a bit of variance in strength among the boxes. Can't really decide if I prefer the darker or lighter wrappers. The darker are stronger, but the lighter may be more complex in terms of discernible different flavors.

The 2000s and 97s are even different yet. The 2000s are delicious, but not as complex. They have been reduced down to a soft, sweet powdery goodness with incredible mouth feel. I actually think they are prematurely aged due to compromised storage -- but good nonetheless. They're smokers and not keepers for that reason, in my opinion. The 97s are the best of the bunch -- at least among those I have.

Did I mention that I really like this cigar?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

They're good cigars, and you can tell that they use quality tobacco. I just find them to be too light... which forces you to really pay attention to the cigars. I'm glad I didn't bite on the rush that occurred earlier ;)

·
Banned
8,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

They're good cigars, and you can tell that they use quality tobacco. I just find them to be too light... which forces you to really pay attention to the cigars. I'm glad I didn't bite on the rush that occurred earlier ;)
That was my feeling on the 04 or 05 box I smoked. This one is very different. Rich and at least medium more Medium plus.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Smoked one of these last night thanks to Raisin. It was a very nice smoke with an easy draw and nice dark wrapper. I too have to agree as these are made from well made tobacco. These are very good now and will only get better with time. I found it to be medium in strength and a bit woodsy/sweet in taste. I paired it with a very well made home roasted coffee.

·
Registered
212 Posts

Yes, this is a good cigar! I have a couple of '01 boxes and the one that I've cracked is smoking fairly well.

It is a light cigar that requires one's attention though. It's light enough to allow fairly significant nasal exhalation. Quite interesting fruit and dried tea flavors! :)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

I don't know where you guys are getting light from but the '01's I'm smoking are anything but. Fantastic flavor profile. I believe these are the only ERDM's I have by the box.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.